do wish lists still make people angry?

do wish lists still make people angry? ...it depend on where they are put... (in a "new model available" thread, it's an irritating habits that too many members have...)

but doing a thread to do so is exactly what should be done if you want to tell the world (hopefully, someone working for a model company)

Wishlists?!

<irony>

Slightly less annoying than "XYZ load-out question #178" or "Can the F-22A hold its own against a Bf 109?" or "Realistic weathering of a Galaxy-class Starfleet vessel?" or "Actual shade of RLM 99?", and so forth...

</irony>

I am too old to get easily angered about stuff on the internet, and there are far more stuff to get angered about on the internet and in the world today than anything that might be posted on a model building forum.

That said, I find it a bit unnecessary to post "Why do they do a kit of A when they probably would sell more if they made a kit of B". Most of the time the very same thread is full of people who´d love a kit of A.

Given that Pilot Replica say they will release their SAAB Sk 60, a J 29 Tunnan and a J 21, and that HobbyBoss is working on a J 32 Lansen and also a J 29 Tunnan, and that Tarangus/MPM will release the other Viggen versions I don´t need new releases as much as I need more money. However I´d like to see the SAAB B 17, B 18 and the J 21R in 1/48 too. But I can wait one or two years for that.

Wish lists are fun , just as long as it is not a thread hi-jack, or posted weekly.

I would say I agree with you on the 1/48th black bird family. I would be happy with a re-issue of the Testors kits, but it would be nice to see what could be done with modern tooling.

If Kitty Hawk ever releases the 1/48th RF-101A/C then all my reasonable model kit wishes will have come true.

Edited by Kurt H.

Wish lists are funny to me because I'm not sure that the people who post have an idea of the kit development cost and could give a realistic expected sales figure.

but doing a thread to do so is exactly what should be done if you want to tell the world (hopefully, someone working for a model company)

If I was working for a model company, I wouldn't tell the world too much. Telling that you're going to release this and that without giving the release date is often vaporware that doesn't leave a good image of the company.

Yet wish lists are a way for companies to know what some potential customers would like so... in any scale...

Yak-27/28 (bomber,recce and EW versions)

Su-17/22 family

Su-34

MiG-21 Bison

Su-15TM

MiG-29 9.17

AD-5 Skyraider

F7F Tigercat

1/72 CAC F-7s

Mirage 2000s

Etendard IVP & Super Etendard

Mirage F1 (1/72 MPM ones should be good)

Mystère IVA

Super-Mystère B2

Edited by Laurent

True dat. The "who makes it?" is at LEAST as important as the "what?".

Given the track record of certain companies regarding getting the shapes right, having one of those companies announce a kit is very frustrating - especially at the prices they list at now.

An expensive kit that has major shape problems is no better, to me, than no kit at all; I'm not willing to fork over $ for a poor value.

1/144 large Aircraft...

B-52D/E/F

B-52G/H with both dumb bombs and LGBs + proper pylons/racks

NB-52 + X-15

C-141

C-5

KC-10

Tu-16 with proper cockpit windows

Tu-22 Blinder

Tu-22M2/3 Backfire

Tu-95RT/K-22/V with Tsar bomba

And the last...

F-8C, 1/72 or 1/48

Edited by Teeradej

Someday they'll make a 1/72 MiG-35...someday....

I also wish upon a wishing star for a Su-30SM and MiG-29SMT 9.19, but I don't see no Fairy Godmother and Jimminy Cricket bringing those to me any time soon.

First they need to make a real MiG-35... :P

Trumpeter is working on 9.19 SMT and so is GWH. So we should have it in 1/72 and 48 eventually.

new tool 1/48 F-111 series.

AD-5D (32 and 48th scale)

Yak-27/28(48th)

UH-1D/H Huey (35th)

AH-1G Cobra (35th)

P-2 Neptune (48th)

DC-3/C-47 (48th)

Edit - Add these. No chance in hell they'll ever be released but I think they are pretty cool subjects:

Convair C-131/CV-240 and especially the might CV-580 (48th)

C-140 Jetstar (1/48th)

Edited by 11bee

No, I think they're fun, even though I doubt they have much influence on manufacturers.

Mine:

1/48

F-86A

F-86H

FJ-3

F11F

Scimitar (even though I have the excellent Dynavector kit)

King Air 200

Falcon 20 (+ eleventy-thousand to what falcon20driver says!!!)

1/144

Dash-8-100

CRJ-700

Ben

I think wish lists are fun. In addition to me getting to add my wishes to the list, I get to read what other people are wishing for.

That can serve to give me a good insight into why models that I don't need are getting sold, but, ones that I might want aren't getting produced.

As for "marketability" of any certain aircraft, I don't worry about that,,,,,,,it should be obvious that each company is going to come out with "some model" or another, or they wouldn't be a model company. So, why not try to get your favorite brought to their attention.

I too care about which company announces a model, for two reasons. I don't want or need a "wrong shaped" model, I have a stash, so I can wait for a "good tooling" to be made by someone that gives a rip about getting the shape right. And I get tired of waiting for announced models to actually change from vaporware into plastic that can be bought.

two examples,,,,,I really don't expect any "great things" from the Trumpeter/Hobby Boss Skyhawks when they come out, if they ever do,,,,,,,,,and many people have forgotten, but, Academy announced an F-4B Phantom in 1/72 before they talked about a 1/48 F-4B Phantom,,,,and now that we are seeing actual plastic, that "Academy quality F-4B" is actually a "Snap together F-4J", at least it is according to their own signs at the show announcement.

In the meantime, the Sword 1/72 Cougar is sneaking in practically under the radar,,,,,,when those Photo Cougars come out, I am going to convert one to a fighter, to have the first "Sword Cougar fighter on the block" (noses are already in the spares box)

All I really need are two models,,,,,and I could live without either, one is a new tool plastic 1/72 AD-5 series, the other is 1/72 FJ-3/3M Fury, with the different wings in different releases.

Yes, because there is not a new 1/48 Skyknight!! :fight:/>

I.Martin

I'm really surprised nobody has announced one. I finished the Czech Models kit last summer, so you'd think there'd be a new Tamiya or Hasegawa kit on the shelves by now! :D

Ben

My wish list

Aircraft

1/48 FJ-3

1/48 F2H-2

1/48 F-14 family that does for me what Hasegawa, HB, Academy, and Revell cannot. Call me picky.

1/48 F-8 family that includes the A, B, C, D, RF-8A, and RF-8G

1/48 UH-1Y

1/48 AH-1Z

1/72 707-320 (not a B or a C! If I must, a rerelease of the Heller kit would be okay)

1/144 747-100 with recessed panel lines and P&W engines. Without a space shuttle riding piggyback.

Ships

1/350 Yankee-I class SSBN

1/350 Juliett-class SSG

1/350 USS Long Beach CGN

1/72 Sturgeon-class SSN

1/72 Los Angeles-class flt I/II SSN

Sci-Fi

1/1400 Enterprise-D rerelease. With the hull decals but not molded in clear.

1/32 Blackbird from Battlestar Galactica 2004.

1/32 Colonial Viper Mk. III