Vietnam War Group Build

99 members have voted

1. 1. Vietnam Group Build

• Yes
    • No

Yep. Those are my thoughts also. I wouldn't have a problem with Black Ops or Air America/CIA stuff. But since this is open to ANYTHING in the ENTIRE span of post WWII French Indochina (excellent time to build your French Bearcat :woot.gif:/>) to the American pull-out, it would have to be a pretty fantastic what-if to get my vote. Seriously, you can build planes, armor, wheeled vehicles, figures, boats, and I believe we even OK'd scale firearms used in the conflict. If you cant find something in that pile.....

USNF-111BAARDVARK03_zps5b7f06e2.jpg

VPAFMiG-23MF03.jpg

VNAFA-7ACORSAIR02_zps252af4ce.jpg

VNAFF-4CPHANTOM02_zpsb1cb1cc8.jpg

Wyvern_VNAF01.jpg

More than one country used the O-1:

scan0056-5.jpg

Don't forget the O-2, S-2, U-2, and SR-71. If you are ambitious there's always that weird silent aircraft with the big three bladed props or the Airtruk.

scan0014-4.jpg

Just picked one up on Ebay, since this will be my first build in nearly a year due to being deployed I opted for something fairly simple. A French Bearcat is one I've wanted in my collection for a long time, I have the Hawk/Testors kit in the stash and looked for aftermarket decals but they cost as much this kit did.

f8f1bbt.jpg

Just picked one up on Ebay, since this will be my first build in nearly a year due to being deployed I opted for something fairly simple. A French Bearcat is one I've wanted in my collection for a long time, I have the Hawk/Testors kit in the stash and looked for aftermarket decals but they cost as much this kit did.

f8f1bbt.jpg

From one Vetran, thank you for your service! And as a side note, I love Bearcats myself. Can't wait to see it when finished.

How would the moderators feel about an aircraft that served in Vietnam, but done in markings that were different than when it was "in country"? For instance, I have a 1/48 Revellogram F-100D that I would like to build. Specifically, I'd like to do S/N 55-2879 from the AeroMaster F-100D USAF Super Sabre Part VII sheet in the Aluminum Lacquer scheme with the colorful markings that dates those markings as 1962. However, I have found a photo of that same aircraft in SEA white belly camo in flight over Vietnam at some point in the 60's, so it was definitely there. If that's acceptable, I'm in with that as well as an Academy 1/48 F-4B out of the box with the VF-111 markings. Otherwise, I'll just stick to the F-4B for the GB.

:cheers:

Justin

Justin - sorry, but I think allowing that would kinda defeat the purpose of having a theme to the GB, so I'd say no, you could build it in the paint it wore whilst it took part in the war, but not a scheme it wore before or after that.

Justin - sorry, but I think allowing that would kinda defeat the purpose of having a theme to the GB, so I'd say no, you could build it in the paint it wore whilst it took part in the war, but not a scheme it wore before or after that.

Fair enough. I'm still in for the F-4B, though!

:cheers:

Justin

Ladies and Gentleman

For those of you that are participating in this group build. If you are looking/wanting decals for your builds I have been in contact with Ray Byers over at Campro and he said he has a stash of decals that are not listed on the web site. He informed me to let you all know that you can contact him through the website contact link and let him know what you are looking for. He only excepts paypal just mention that you are part of our group build. I am hoping that he will become a sponsor of our group build so keep your fingers crossed.

Hi guys!! I´m definitely in for this one!!

I have this (link) Hasegawa Skyrider that I´d like to build, but somehow I´ve lost the instruction sheet, does anyone have the same kit? I just need the decals instruction part..

And I also have another question regarding a particular Vigilante:

01.jpg

The one in SEA cammo... any information or pics?? did she participated in Vietnam??

Regards and thanks in advance!!

Andrés Alvarado

Hi guys!! I´m definitely in for this one!!

I have this (link) Hasegawa Skyrider that I´d like to build, but somehow I´ve lost the instruction sheet, does anyone have the same kit? I just need the decals instruction part..

Is this what you're looking for?

IMG_3374_zpsriy8z0jz.jpgIMG_3376_zpsyvjkolhs.jpgIMG_3375_zpsuhdqahwk.jpg