Vietnam War Group Build

99 members have voted

1. 1. Vietnam Group Build

• Yes
    • No

So what guidelines exist for accuracy?

I picked up the old (1966 stamped into the castings) Revell / Monogram M48A2 on clearance for $9.

I'm almost certain that the markings are pure fantasy, but it is clearly intended to be a tank used in the (then current) Vietnam War, and M48s were there...

I got this kit with the same markings for my birthday somewhere 1978-80 and plan to build it mostly OOB. I picked it up to build for me, so not a big hardship if it is decided that it doesn't really fit the GB. In fact it is calling to me as I type so it may be complete before the GB starts... :whistle:/>

Still the question might be useful to others, even if my willpower fails.

Edited by Aaronw

Aaron: I'd think that kit would fall into the spirit of the GB.

Also, a bit of bad news from my part - having fairly wrecked my right thumb, I won't be able to build anything for a while. Hopefully it'll be healed up and dexterity enough will return in time for me to get at least one build done!

Also, a bit of bad news from my part - having fairly wrecked my right thumb, I won't be able to build anything for a while. Hopefully it'll be healed up and dexterity enough will return in time for me to get at least one build done!

Litvyak

That's a bummer! Take care of that thumb we will be here when you can build again.

Soon this will start, and there is no excuse to start my old Hasegawa Crusader Marines 1/72, and if there is time I'll throw in a Airforce Phantom as well!

@Litvyak

Wish you a speedy recovery!

See you soon, Andy

Edited by Dotcom

So sorry this happened to you! Hope your thumb is in good working order soon!

Dude.. that sucks bigtime..

hoping for a speedy recovery...

Harald

So last night I remembered that stashed away in my Cave of Doom is the old Monogram "Three Fighting Men" Vietnam Memorial Statue kit. I know this kind of out of the theater of battle and it was quite some time after the war ended but would this in some way fit in with the GB theme?

It seems to fit right in but the "TFM" memorial wasn't done until 1984, two years after the wall was completed. Heck, between the Skyraider and Bird Dog I'm planning on doing, I may not even get around to this one. Would be nice to have in the hip pocket though. Need to finish and give to my wife's uncle who was a stern gunner on PBR's during the war.

It seems to fit right in but the "TFM" memorial wasn't done until 1984, two years after the wall was completed. Heck, between the Skyraider and Bird Dog I'm planning on doing, I may not even get around to this one. Would be nice to have in the hip pocket though. Need to finish and give to my wife's uncle who was a stern gunner on PBR's during the war.

Excellent excuse to do it! :salute: ---John