Vietnam War Group Build

99 members have voted

1. 1. Vietnam Group Build

• Yes
    • No

So last night I remembered that stashed away in my Cave of Doom is the old Monogram "Three Fighting Men" Vietnam Memorial Statue kit. I know this kind of out of the theater of battle and it was quite some time after the war ended but would this in some way fit in with the GB theme?

Dan

It is a memorial to those who fought in the war so it's OK with me! I remember seeing that kit when I was a kid, but never was into figures and statues.

Dan

It is a memorial to those who fought in the war so it's OK with me! I remember seeing that kit when I was a kid, but never was into figures and statues.

Me too..

I do have to warn you though, if the kit is anything like the one I built, get ready for some swearing and a few moments of being really peed off...

Harald

There are fit problems with that kit. Wasn't it originally issued by Lindberg?

Not sure who originally issued this kit. Mine is a bagged one that I believe was released my Lindberg. It's buried away so I did a Google search and found Monogram had also released it. It was a clearance deal at Hobby Lobby and when I started to dry fit the parts, I tossed it back in the bag. Fit problems is an understatement!

Only 9 more days!

Eight days and counting till war on plastic is declared! Sharpen your knives, needles and files.

I am taking the first three days of September off from work for the start of this build.

Edited by tosouthern66

Eight days and counting till war on plastic is declared! Sharpen your knives, needles and files.

I am taking the first three days of September off from work for the start of this build.

LOL. Excited. I might brake protocol and start on the cockpit of my Hun! :rolleyes:

LOL..

I have this coming week off...

September 1st I'm of to the airbrush shop to have mine cleanend and tweeked......

That evening I'll be starting my first kit. I'll put up a few pics of the kits I have lined up, as soon as I am allowed. And on the 6th of September we have our annual modeling day at Fort Veldhuis

Fort%20Veldhuis%202015%20v1_zpszbufjbzt.jpg

Harald

Once my hand heals up, if I'm still able to use it well enough to build models, I'm going to start in with a USAF RF-4C "Carolina Kangaroo" flown by an exchange pilot from the RAAF.

I am starting off with this Fujimi 1/72 A-7A. I just need to get decals, the Blue Blazers

decals with the kit are circa 1976. I found some Microscale that I am hoping are early 70s

Vietnam cruise decals. Sheet 72-162 Blue Blazers. If I get time I am also looking at an F-4J of the Ghostriders

and the good old Revell 1/72 Fat Face Skyraider, I hope.---John

CorsairII%201_zpsozyswsjh.jpg

Edited by john53

So I'm planning on doing the Tamiya Skyraider in 1/48 as Capt Richard Drury's "Midnight Cowboy" for this group build. I have the Cutting Decals for this plane but the outline for the TC tail code seems a bit yellow in color. Does anyone have a spare TC with the tan outline from any of the Aeromaster 1/48 Air War in Vietnam - Skyrader sheets? They would be for either the "Orient Express" A-1E, "Cool Fool" A-1H, or "Stump Jumper" A-1H. If have and don't plan on using I'll gladly purchase or trade for them?

Once my hand heals up, if I'm still able to use it well enough to build models, I'm going to start in with a USAF RF-4C "Carolina Kangaroo" flown by an exchange pilot from the RAAF.

I know what you mean. Haven't touched a thing in 7 weeks because I pulled a trapezius muscle. Just when I think I'm good I go and aggravate it again.