CD48085 - Vipers against Terror

• 1 month later...

Pollie already said it wasn't '149' and it seems that the aircraft lost was 681 (FMS 81-0783). Source of the info is Squadron Prints who have just released a print of the aircraft in cooperation with 1 squadron/RJAF.

F-16AM 681 (former F-16 ADF) was indeed the a/c lost over Raqqa last December. Thanks for the heads-up on the Squadron Print Koen, I just ordered one. I don't think the a/c in question carried a Sniper pod and GBU-12s, as seen on the print, when it was lost, but I stand to be corrected.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have added the Iraqi aircraft to the sheet: I will finish the design and will post the draft once I deal with the deluge of orders I have received from you folks for the last batch of releases.

The subjects on the sheet are Egyptian, Jordanian and Iraqi F-16s that took part in raids against ISIS. There is some bomb graffiti as well.

I have added the Iraqi aircraft to the sheet: I will finish the design and will post the draft once I deal with the deluge of orders I have received from you folks for the last batch of releases.

The subjects on the sheet are Egyptian, Jordanian and Iraqi F-16s that took part in raids against ISIS. There is some bomb graffiti as well.

Woooohooo!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a bit more work on the stencilling and this should be done. Three Jordanian (including 681 and one -BM), two Egyptian (one -D and one -C) and two Iraqi aircraft are featured. I just received the translations for the bomb graffiti yesterday; and will add a couple of them to the sheet as promised.

Edited by KursadA

Just a bit more work on the stencilling and this should be done. Three Jordanian (including 681 and one -BM), two Egyptian (one -D and one -C) and two Iraqi aircraft are featured. I just received the translations for the bomb graffiti yesterday; and will add a couple of them to the sheet as promised.

Excellent! Any rough ideas for a release date?

Here is the final draft of this sheet - coming in mid-December. The Egyptian high-conspicuity area borders are sized for the Hasegawa kit; versions of which cover most of the F-16 variants depicted on the sheet. But I did check them against the Tamiya kit, and they do fit with some adjustment.

cd48085d1.pngcd48085d2.png

Edited by KursadA

The Jordanian options include the ill-fated 681, and the two kinds of bomb graffiti on the sheet depict markings that RJAF applied to their ordnance after the event. I got them translated (isn't Fiverr awesome?) One of them reads "Martyr Captain and heroic pilot Muath Al-Kasasbeh", and the other one reads "Martyr No. 2475" (apparently the Jordanian Armed Forces allocates a number to every soldier who dies in the line of duty).

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Are this decals coming in scale 1/72 to or is it only in scale 1/48 they are coming?

:D/>

My previous international 1/72 F-16 sheet (CD72019) is about to be sold out in a month or so - when it sells out, I plan to put together a new 1/72 F-16 sheet which will include these markings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Kursad,

I'm about to paint an Iraqi F-16D, and your instructions suggest that the light grey in the scheme is FS36270 neutral grey (labelled A). Compared to the Egyptian scheme printed on the same page, it looks more like the FS36375 (labelled C) in the Egyptian scheme than FS36270 on the same aircraft.

So, are the Iraqi jets FS36270 or FS36375?

2 hours ago, aidy said:

Hi Kursad,

I'm about to paint an Iraqi F-16D, and your instructions suggest that the light grey in the scheme is FS36270 neutral grey (labelled A). Compared to the Egyptian scheme printed on the same page, it looks more like the FS36375 (labelled C) in the Egyptian scheme than FS36270 on the same aircraft.

So, are the Iraqi jets FS36270 or FS36375?

Please go by the color call-outs and not the actual colors used in printing the profiles : the color used in the profiles is not intended to be an accurate representation of the actual color. Always go by the actual FS number or paint brand identified I specified. 

I don't have the actual instructions or design files with me right now, but I will check once I go home and post here.