1/1000 Zoelguut-class Class 1 Super Dreadnought

Thanks Janne :)/>/>

Well, painting has begun and so far, so good. I'm happy with the color choices I've made and the pattern in which I'll apply it. All the replacement panels have been painted and masked and the first layer of red paint has gone on

IMG_0707_zpsenkeu1zm.jpg

IMG_0706_zps4pzlspkr.jpg

IMG_0704_zpso4y1f5kd.jpg

IMG_0656_zpsfhuedbj5.jpg

I've taken a heck of a lot more photos of the masking than those, but that was so I can remember where I put them

Lastly, I am giving you a sneak peak of the colors I've chosen. The base red is a mix RLM Red, Thunderbird Red and Shine red with a Brown pre-shading. Once dried, I over sprayed the whole lot in a very thin mix of Thunderbird Red. The black of the nose is NATO black with XF1 post shading. Tell me what you think - good or not so good. :)/>/>

IMG_0710_zpswdcfy4yj.jpg

IMG_0715_zpszxqye5f8.jpg

There appears to be a couple of bright "splotches" on the bottom one there - not sure how or where they came from, but I will address them tomorrow once the paint has dried.

I will alter the colors of some of the panels and frames to give it more variation as I go on.

I suspect this update will be the last as the finish line is in sight - sort of. I still have to do the same on the lower half of the ship

Please do feel free to post your opinion on the colors

Till then

Thanks for looking

MH

MH

Edited by The Madhatter

I like the red. interesting to see the different shades.

Keep em coning!

BTW- I am close to completing my Cosmo Zero -02 Yamamoto's bird from the Bandai 1/72 line. It will be interesting to compare it to the 1/100 Ex-model Bandai kit from years ago which was a highly detailed kit in its own right.

Steve,

Really looks good in red! Only thing I can criticise is that I think the preshade feels off scale....it kind of makes the ship look smaller. Work it over with washes and pastells and it's easily fixed:)

absolutely your right. This is only the base coat. Once every other element has been added, then hopefully it should look better

I've just finished spraying a lighter red over the odd panel here and there to break up the solidness of the color and the grey strips will also help break it up even more

greetings one and all

Well, I have finally finished it! I didn't think I would get there in time for a bit, but perseverance has paid off

I am really happy with how it's turned out. The colours are right and so is the pattern.

The following pics are just some experimental shots. I will be taking some full daylight pictures tomorrow morning so you can see what it looks like as a whole etc with a white back ground as opposed to black.

IMG_0737_zpstryiikha.jpg

IMG_0738_zpsg0jhu1h8.jpg

IMG_0739_zps90uncsfa.jpg

IMG_0757_zpscqpprbhx.jpg

IMG_0764_zpsitfww6la.jpg

IMG_0766_zpsbxhvzhgb.jpg

IMG_0770_zps6xufsln5.jpg

IMG_0776_zpsaeqf3gjs.jpg

IMG_0776_zpsaeqf3gjs.jpg

IMG_0777_zpskla6bn2y.jpg

part 2 in a sec

IMG_0873_zpsn6j5llny.jpg

IMG_0874_zpsienhcx86.jpg

IMG_0888_zps7cp5rcyb.jpg

IMG_0885_zpsm2zm78c2.jpg

IMG_0882_zpsisx0lkox.jpg

IMG_0892_zpskduvl08j.jpg

IMG_0894_zps917oqz13.jpg

IMG_0897_zpsqo1u80o2.jpg

IMG_0898_zpsrrjniwrj.jpg

I think that ought to do it :D/>

I am still waiting for my replacement nose piece to come from Japan, but once it's here, modified and placed on the ship, I'll update the pictures in the Sci-Fi RFI section

Thanks to everyone who followed along.

MH

• 3 weeks later...