U-Boat Type VIIc profiles

I primarily build jets, but looking to build a 1/72 Revell U-boat, but drawing up a blank on profiles and what armament to put on it

It seems that the type VII could have either an 88mm or a 3.7cm flak gun etc

Any help in regards to armament and color profiles would be great.

Also, does anyone make the 88mm barrel in metal?

Not sure on the 88MM but I'm guessing someone makes one in metal. Google up "Barrel Depot".

Here is a great reference web site.

http://uboat.net/index.html

I just finished reading Herbert Werner's "Iron Coffins", fantastic book. I'm going to pick my self up one of those '72nd scale UBoats as well.

I primarily build jets, but looking to build a 1/72 Revell U-boat, but drawing up a blank on profiles and what armament to put on it

It seems that the type VII could have either an 88mm or a 3.7cm flak gun etc

Any help in regards to armament and color profiles would be great.

Also, does anyone make the 88mm barrel in metal?

Early war VII's had an 88mm deck gun (not the same weapon as the high velocity flak gun) and a single 20mm cannon at the rear of the conning tower.

As the air threat increased, so did the AA armament. The area aft of the conning tower was fitted with a "wintergarden" platform that could take first dual 20 mm cannons, and later a quad 20mm unit or 37 mm cannon.

Late war, the deck gun was deleted since it was pretty much useless (to remain on the surface after '44 would pretty much invite an attack).

Lots of other changes to the conning tower as the war progressed. Various radar and radar detector units, radio antennas, snorkel tubes, etc.

Best bet is to find a pic of the sub you want to model.

No idea on color profiles....