1/48 B1-B "Bone"

And here comes .............. the booooooooone!

That was certainly a lot of work to build this giant so outstanding. The detailing and weathering of the shafts is great. The figures I personally find top class.

Throughout successful.

Congratulations for this masterpiece.

:wave:/>/> Dieter

• 2 months later...

Hey Rom, You, sir, are a modeler. Not a kit assembler, but a modeler. Every so often, someone comes along that builds models in the category of "I defy anyone to tell the difference between a 1/48 scale kit that so-and-so built and the 1/1 scale real thing." Respectfully "rom," you are so-and-so. Looking at a model like your "Bone" is what keeps me and a lot of others building, and I want to thank you for that. Now, I have a question about your model. My cousin met and married a B-1 pilot at Wright State University, which is located in Ohio on the edge of Wright Patterson AFB. I couldn't see if you have a pilot's name on your model. If you do, would you send me a PM with the name. If this is "his" B-1, I would like contact him and advise him how to view his B-1. I know that the odds are probably pretty low, but stranger things have happened. Thanks, and again, you have built a masterpiece. You mentioned that you received "silver" at a contest in France. If you won silver, which one would assume is second place, I would sure like to see the gold!

Absolutely beautiful! I love the effect on the wing roots with a little bit of the primer showing through. It's a detail that is usually either overlooked or way overdone on models, but you pulled it off nicely. Also, the detailing in the swing-wing area is just beautiful. I always love models displayed over a mirror, to show off the underside. You even managed to prevent it from looking weird with the rest of the tarmac base, which is even better than just using one big mirror for the base. Nice use of the HMMWV and the figures to give it a sense of scale, too. The Bone is a really enormous airplane, but it's so sleek that sometimes it loses some of its majesty in pictures. You're almost making me want to drag out my B-1 and finish it. Almost.

Hi guys

thank you VERY much guys!

sorry balls47... I dont have the name of the crew... morerover this actual plane was based in Texas.

kevin, dig out your build!!

Regards

Hi guys

thank you VERY much guys!

sorry balls47... I dont have the name of the crew... morerover this actual plane was based in Texas.

kevin, dig out your build!!

Regards

Yessir, He flew out of Dyess AFB in TX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...