CD72038 - Beriev Be-12

It has been more than a week since I announced a new sheet - time to announce a new one before anyone thinks I'm getting rusty.

CD72038 will be a limited edition 1/72 sheet for the Beriev Be-12 amphibian. I really like the lines of this aircraft; and have started working on the base profiles and research when the first news of the injection-molded Modelsvit kit hit the interwebs back in October last year. I signed up for an alert when the kit shows up on Ebay. The alert went off last weekend (and I ordered one), so it's the right time to reveal it.

The kit sheet has two relatively simple options (one Ukrainian, one Soviet/Russian) - I plan to offer a couple more interesting schemes including at least one or two colorful Be-12P firefighters.

chaika_promo1.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Time to reveal the Be-12 sheet - sorry about the "radio silence" so far ;-) / This sheet will be back from the printer in a couple of weeks, and be available as part of the October batch.

The options on the sheet are:

-Be-12 "yellow 28" (cool sharkmouth), Russian Navy

-Be-12P "RA-00073"

-Be-12P-200 "RA-00046"

-Be-12 "4383", United Arab Republic

-Be-12 "yellow 10", Russian Navy

-Be-12 "yellow 18", Russian Navy

cd72038.jpgcd72038_2.jpg

Folks, please trust me when I say I will release everything that is listed at the Web site as a future product. Have some patience, these will be released within months; including the 1/72 B-58 sheet.

Let's get back to the subject : the first 50 preorders have been reached this morning, within a few hours of the e-mail announcement. I want to make the deal available to more people, so I am extending the free Su-30 sheet offer to first 100 preorders. At this rate, we will reach it in a couple of days : please order your Be-12 sheets now if you would like to get a free Su-30MK/MKK sheet as bonus!

Edited by KursadA

Last 15 (fifteen) Be-12 sets with free Su-30MK/MKK bonus sheet - once 15 more are pre-ordered, I will remove any mention of the free Su-30MK/MKK set. Order your Be-12 set now to get Cartograf-printed Flanker decals with many colorful options.

• 4 weeks later...

This sheet has been shipping since October 20 and I have fewer than 75 remainining right now - sorry for not making it very clear in this thread. I announced it in the "new released" thread and the mailing list.

By the way, if any of you is still not a member of the mailing list; may I suggest you subscribe by using the simple form at "www.caracalmodels.com"? I only send one e-mail every 4-6 weeks when I have a new batch of releases, you get to hear about all new releases first. I will also start having some mailing-list exclusive coupons and sales in the next year when I have the new e-commerce site ready (it is in testing right now).

This sheet has been shipping since October 20 and I have fewer than 75 remainining right now - sorry for not making it very clear in this thread. I announced it in the "new released" thread and the mailing list.

Thanks. I ask because it is currently showing as COMING SOON on your web site.

Cheers,

Tom