Holy Crap! Hope he is ok.

1st,hope he is ok. Damn shame about that PT-22. I'm betting engine failure as the cause. Idiot reporters should have to do a bit of research before they write their stories. A PT-22 is not even close to being fighter.

Cheers, Terry

It does mention engine failure in the article .

Lol just heard a reporter ask if the plane had a black box.

I'd say the damage to the aircraft doesn't look too bad. I bet it can be repaired.

Maybe the map box was black. Sometimes they are painted black. Maybe he had a lunch box that was black with him. :)

I remember in the mid nineties one of our SAR Techs (Para Rescue) was being interviewed on live TV. The CO walked and his heart stopped when he saw who we sent out to be interviewed. The female reporter asked where the dipstick was on the aircraft. Jim replied, "I just happen to be looking at her." We were rolling, good ole Jim!

That aircraft can be rebuilt.

A little rough on the airplane, but glad Mr Ford isn't hurt too badly. When your engine quits shortly after take off, your options are VERY limited. Pretty much set it down on the first flat spot that you see. Sometimes, that doesn't work real well.

Glad he seems to be doing o.k. and that nobody suffered any major injuries or worse. I hope the plane is salvageable.

I think he may want to let Chewie fly next time though... :P

Don.

I hope the 133 non celebrities on the Delta jet liner that ran off LaGuardia's runway are alright.

the news about the Delta jet event almost started with : no one was seriously hurt...(so if you where interested in those people you should have read a little, then you'll have know...)

but maybe, if there was a vet in that plane, you could start a new thread about that???

i'm glad that Harrison Ford is OK, i've recently read that he should be in a Blade Runner sequel done by Denis Villeneuve.

I hope the 133 non celebrities on the Delta jet liner that ran off LaGuardia's runway are alright.

????

You can rest easy FF, unlike Ford, it appears that everyone on the Delta jet walked away with nothing more than a few bumps and bruises. Harrison seemed to be a bit more beaten up than those folks.

Out of curiosity - Why no concerns for the folks on that Turkish A330 that skidded off a runway in Nepal earlier this week? I would have expected to have seen a post from you on this subject.

Edited by 11bee

I hope those who went down on the Titanic didn't suffer.

Seriously, I didn't think there was anything disrespectful about the original post. This is a aviation related discussion forum afterall.

Edited by Scooby

Yeah, I went to post in the thread that fortress created about that Delta flight and guess I just can't see it? hmmm... :woot.gif:

Seriously though. Glad Ford is ok, glad the Delta passengers are all ok, hope EVERYONE is ok. And I hope they can repair all the aircraft involved in any accidents. There, think I covered everything.

Bill