Dragon vs Cyber Hobby BF110

I am interested in building a BF110 model as my first prop (specific model is not important). I have next to zero knowledge about the these models. I read that Dragon and Cyber hobby is same company and hence their offerings are basically the same models. However Dragon is double the price of Cyberhobby one so what is the difference that warrant this much price hike on dragon one?

edit: just realized they are not same scale! so never mind. :stupid::wasntme:

Edited by foxmulder_ms

The Dragon and Cyber Hobby BF110 are nice, but do yourself a favor and get an Eduard kit. They're super nice.

You are joking, right?

1/48 Dragon/Cyber Hobby 110D-E beats Eduard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. That is without the boxings with extra engines.

Vedran

You are joking, right?

1/48 Dragon/Cyber Hobby 110D-E beats Eduard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. That is without the boxings with extra engines.

Vedran

I have the Eduard Bf 110E and it looks great as far as detail, and the decals are gorgeous, but I have not built it yet. I have never seen either the Dragon or Cyber Hobby kits, but I am curious as to what criteria you used for this statement? ie. cost, detail, fit, etc. I assume you have built both. The details might prove useful to others as well. Also, is this meant to answer the OP's original question regarding the Dragon/Cyber Hobby being the same kit? I would like to know also.

Also, is this meant to answer the OP's original question regarding the Dragon/Cyber Hobby being the same kit? I would like to know also.

Yes, it's the same kit. As to the Eduard/CyberHobby comparison, Dragon is way better in terms of accuracy and detail (Eduard's fuselage has wrong crossections aft from the canopy, and some other issues) and Eduard's fit is not very good either, especially in the nacelles area.

Sergey.

Sergey said it all. Eduard 110 issues are old story.

Eduard 110 looks pretty good until you put it next to the CyberHobby kit.

The accurracy and level of detail in CyberHobby plastic parts is way better than some pricy resin after-market "upgrade" parts of certain manufacturers.

Unless you don't like the kit decals, there is absolutely no need for aftermarket parts. The DB601 engines and mounts are unbelieveable.

Grab one Dackelbauch if they're still available on HLJ sale.

Vedran

Edited by dragonlance

Unless you don't like the kit decals, there is absolutely no need for aftermarket parts.

I tend to agree with you, but I dare to release a set of flaps (Dragon, as well as Eduard, has missed fabric effect on flaps) control surfaces (they are not quite correct for C/D/early E models) and short tail (I personally don't want to make my 110 with boat tail and Dragon didn't provide it in C/D boxing):

VDS-48-091.jpg

Sergey.

I built the Cyber Hobby kit, and with a couple of minor exceptions found it a lovely kit. I thought the detail, fit and general quality of it was such that I would unhesitatingly recommend it. It has some lovely touches, like a complete one piece canopy for those who don't fancy a jigsaw puzzle, a nicely detailed and superbly fitting cockpit, great main bay details and very positive wing fixing spars

The minor issues I had were that the main gear attachment is not particularly clear, even when you try to test fit. I fitted it, and it holds just fine, but I am still not 100% sure it is completely correctly positioned. The other was the engine nacelles, which a) were missing both the upper portions (fixed by the retailer immediately) and B) without the engines seemed to not fit as nicely as the rest of the kit.

It was in fact such a good kit to build that I made a point of stating so in a separate post.

However, if was to build another Bf110, I will try one of the Eduard ones out of sheer curiosity

Les

Edited by lesthegringo

However, if was to build another Bf110, I will try one of the Eduard ones out of sheer curiosity

Les

I'm about to finish a 3-month battle I've been fighting with an Eduard 110 G-4. I can live with the rear fuselage shape issue, but I've found it a frustrating build. Lots of multi-piece assemblies (like the main gear struts) that seemingly could have been molded as one; a legion of tiny bits, many of which could probably have been molded with the parts to which they attach; some real fit issues, notably the nacelles; and in the case of the G-4, spindly radar mounts that must be butt-cemented to the nose (no locations marked or mounting pins/sockets of any kind). I haven't yet attached the 8 dipoles to the mounts, but if I get them all on without breaking at least one of the mounts off the fuselage it'll be a miracle.