Wheew! Finally done!

Well this was my first encounter with a Tarangus kit and I liked it...the kit sis good, albeit you do need to add some details....then again there are few kits that don´t...

The only real issue I had with the kits was the price...it´s severly over priced and that could come back and haunt them.

I f you compare the old Esci and the new Tarangus there isn´t even a competition.....however, the Esci looks quite Viggenish and with a few aftermarket stuff you can get it

to look really Viggenish. Here´s the bottom line; the cost of one Esci kit and some aftermarket together with some elbow grease is still cheaper than the Tarangus kit....and

it would benefit from one or two after market items as well.

With this kit I tried to show how to handle with its shortcomings and add some details. The weak spots are the rear tailcone/exhaust are....totally devoid of any details :/

The canard flaps are straight instead of angled, and the tail fin leading edges should be parallell above and under the dogtooth....and the wheels.

I put in a modified neomega seat, Master pitot tubes and Maestro resin wheels...the rest I scratched and detailed myself.

I decided to make the 37398, from the F4 fighter wing at Frösön...I just happened to do my military service there, chasing spetznas in the bushes :P It´s a JA37Di and the last

iteration of the Fighter Viggen. It was quite capable in those final years, able to carry 4 AMRAAMs and two winders it wouldn´t be sneezed at in a BVR fight. A lot of the

"bling" found their way into the Gripen as well.

Viggen was used to rugged conditions at faraway road bases with only conscripts servicing it and it showed in the lovely patina that built up on the grey Fighter Viggens, some

where painted in the splinter scheme as to confuse an enemy to think they were attack ships instead of fighters.

It was a beast with the improved RM8B engine, they added a fan stage at the front to increase the power, at the same time they put a seal on the throttle so in peace time it

could never go to full military power...so the AJ remained the faster of the two in fact.

Anyways, want to see some pics? I have a few............

DSC_9186_zpssz9aoxqr.jpg

DSC_9191_zpsuf572ecd.jpg

DSC_9195_zpsa8m0auqs.jpg

DSC_9202_zpsp8p38r7a.jpg

DSC_9207_zpsvmcdomk8.jpg

DSC_9208_zpskoaliavz.jpg

DSC_9219_zpsbucgrqir.jpg

DSC_9226_zps8iwimf7i.jpg

MOre in part 2

Janne, that model is absolutely stunning! Nice job on the weathering and good attention to detail.

Thanx Lancer :D

You made a masterpiece my friend, easily the best Viggen I have ever seen, my very best compliments! :thumbsup:/>

Thanx Paolo :D

Really kind words coming from a master builder like yourself......soon your Viggen will be done tho ;)

Outstanding work, as always, friend. The only downside that I could point is that the bird is not on splinter scheme... ;)/>

Nicely done! What,s next?

rgds

Juan

Thanx Juan:D

There's no pleasing some ppl :P

I'm taking a viggen break now....will be doing a Me-410 for a change :)

Janne,

I've been tagging along since day one of your build, and I've enjoyed every update along the way to the final one. Simply a truly outstanding build. Your painting and weathering is just spectacular. It has what I deem as that "used but not abused" operational look to it. One of, if not your best work to date. I'm looking forward to joining you on your Me 410 build. Should be a major change of pace.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Janne,

I've been tagging along since day one of your build, and I've enjoyed every update along the way to the final one. Simply a truly outstanding build. Your painting and weathering is just spectacular. It has what I deem as that "used but not abused" operational look to it. One of, if not your best work to date. I'm looking forward to joining you are your Me 410 build. Should be a major change of pace.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Been good having you along the ride, I really appreciate your comments and questions.

Hey Janne

I've been silently watching you bring this to life over the past couple of monhs and it's inspire dme to buy one for myself - although without all the mods you did (I am not that much of a stickler for accuracy :) )

Beautiful paintwork, nicely weathered and a well documented WIP thread - can't do much better than that.

Great work all round!

Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Looking forward to your next build

MH

Hey Janne

I've been silently watching you bring this to life over the past couple of monhs and it's inspire dme to buy one for myself - although without all the mods you did (I am not that much of a stickler for accuracy :)/> )

Beautiful paintwork, nicely weathered and a well documented WIP thread - can't do much better than that.

Great work all round!

Thanks for sharing it with us :)/>

Looking forward to your next build

MH

Thanx MH :D

great that some inspiration was gained from this build. Best praise I can get :D

Wonderful job, Janne! Your best, yet. I hope Tarangus will someday decide to downscale it and not charge a fortune for it! :D/>

Thanx Seb :D

Got together pretty nicely this :D Sure there are more things I could have done but models are like art...they are never finished just abandoned :P

Looks like Special Hobby will release the Viggen in 1/72nd scale acording to their face book page at least

[vesthepes' timestamp=1426175537' post='2695891]

Top notch, just like the previous one...

Thanx vesthepes :D

was actually quite fun to compare the two Viggens I've made, since I took the pictures from pretty much the same angles.You notice quite obvious differences......

give it a try:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=264004&st=0