This might be my last one for this GB, but then again I did do 5 all ready. Monogram H-34 using multiple decals to do up a RCAF Rescue bird, late 60s.

DSC_0748_1.jpg

Where it sits till the next day off..

DSC_0749_1.jpg

Edited by phantom

Ahhhh.... I am NOT using that scheme. Not in play with the SAR GB. The BB scheme is for the Mid Canada radar line helos. Cargo and such. I am adding big RESCUE markings and the orange SAR band.

I will be using some of the markings of course.

Did not get much done. Had to clean the fridge, other house stuff , banking and groceries today.

DSC_0755_1.jpg

This kit is using more putty then I would have expected. The other issue is as Scooby mentions, Lack of decals. I have a spare bin which is going to come into play. 1/72 Neptune markings are "close" to correct for a 1/48 Helicopter. Close........we shall see. Next day off is Tuesday. But then I get a bunch of days off.

A little more paint will be required. As of right now I may have to go with "the paint guide recommended " markings as opposed to real life. Don't seem to have a "ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE" In the block letters small enough. But I have plenty of the "CANADIAN ARMED FORCES" markings.

Maybe I can find the right ones at Heritage con this weekend.

DSC_0760_1.jpg

How big/small do you need???? I have a large supply of RCAF stuff

Looking at the "bible" for RCAF markings, you need the logo in 1/8" Red with Drop Shadow, which I have and RESCUE in 1/2" which I also have and you are welcome to them. Just drop me your snail mail address

]Barney

Edited by Barneydhc82

Thanks Barney, I think I should be able to get what I need at HeritageCon this weekend. "Arrow graphics" still works at the museum and usually has a small table at the show.

If not I might just take you up on your offer. Thanks very much.

So far the decals are from 4 different sheets in the spare bin. The only one from the Belcher Bits set (made FOR this model) is the roundel. However the scheme I am doing is unique. The Silver maple leafs had to be cut out. Today I will be adding smaller current maple leafs from another sheet in the spare bin.

So, the older blue roundel is correct, and thinner then the current roundel blue. Will just wait till Sunday to see if I can find the "ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE" block letters in the right size.

DSC_0761_1.jpg

Found a Maple leaf the same size as the flag. Looks weird being that small on the roundel. But that is how the real thing looked. Then glossed the entire airframe.

Hopefully can finish it up Sunday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Like me????? What you want to be old and bald too?

(Actually your just a couple years older then me)

I AM bald. Well more or less! :lol:

Nice work on the chopper by the way

Edited by GretarBill