ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
viperbite

TAMIYA German Leopard 2A6 MBT w/ new type Multi-function-grenade-lanuc

Awesome :thumbsup:/> . The Leopard 2A6 is my favorite modern MBT (with the 2A6M's used by Canada being my top favorites). Great Camo, great weathering, very realistic. Put that Leo in a proper setting and it would look very real.

Well done!

Regards,

Don.

Edited by Don

Top-notch- cheers! But what the devil is that in the end of the barrel?

Top-notch- cheers! But what the devil is that in the end of the barrel?

If it's like RC tanks that I have owned and operated it's an IR battle sensor. It records shots fired and hits. Some can be very intricate when coupled with sound decoders and smoke generators. Each hit your tank takes affects its performance (predetermined before hand). When your tank takes a fatal hit it can actually be shut down for a specific recovery time (i.e. you lose all RC control until the system runs through the predetermined reboot settings). Not cheap...but quite fun and enjoyable.

Google or youtube RC tanks and you can see and hear RC tanks in action...some are very cool and very convincing.

Regards,

Don.

Thank you guys,

Yes, Don is correct. The thing is high-voltage-LED that could simulate gun flash when it fires, the gun will also recoil too, and gun-fire sound will play.

Great job, I really like your painting technique.

Edited by No.11

Looks like an awesome kit to me and your finished model turn out really great !

Always wanted the Tamiya german Flak Gepard with 30 mm (or 23?) oerlikon with that radardish rotating. Way too expensive, mayby down some RC aircrafts here on the field .. electronically ;)

I have seen it for over 225 euro on ebay, it was the only one for sale at the moment.

The King Tiger is a great Tamiya kit too ..