Tamiya 1/72 F-16CJ

Just looked at the instructions for the weapon-equipped release of the Tamiya 1/72 F-16CJ. A drawing of the conformal fuel tanks is included. Does anyone know, or have a good idea whether Tamiya might release a version of the kit with the tanks? There is also a family tree diagram of the various MSIPs with all the variants and blocks.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10299546a4/50/4

Mike

The kit shows all the evidence of being able to make every version since the F-16C, Tamiya just has to want to do it. They've had the same choice since the 32nd scale F-16 came out and they've done a NSI version but no two-holer or anything more exotic. seems like a way to print money if you ask me.

I wouldn't go by those sketches in the aircraft history section as indicating their intention to do conformal tanks. There are all kinds of things in that section on all of their kits that are never going to happen.

Yes I bought both version.

The initial release was really bad.

The latest release gives you 4 HTSs, 2 lefts and / rights.

There are SNIPER pod, nice gas bags, ALQ-119, beautiful pylons.

HARMs, AIM-120C, AIM-9L and 9X are includes.

AAM pylons are LAU-129s and 16S210s

Only disappointment is no towing decoy pylon.

I really love it. But I still need alternative loadout such as BRU-57 with Jdam. MER with GBU etc.

The initial release wasn't "bad," it was "strange" as it was missing the sprues for the underwing tanks and pylons. We all knew they would eventually come out with another version. I'm just about done with my full-stores version for review in FSM. Lovely kit, astounding fit, but curiously missing a few details like the little air-sensing "horns" on the seat, no detail up the afterburner, untinted canopy . . . in other words, there are still no perfect kits. It is broken down in such a way that a two-seater is possible, earlier C models with P&W engines, smaller intake, stabs are separate so you could get the early A/B with the small stabs. Fin could be changed to an A/B type and the long drag-chute housing can be added. Looottttss of possibilities.

Edited by Paul Boyer