Revell 1/32 F-4G

Revell's illustration shows a non-slatted wing. They couldn't have made that mistake...could they?

Also it looks like the same misshaped radome their F-4F and F-4E kits had is still included.

If you enlarge the photo you can actually see the slat actuator bulges under the main wing, but yeah nothing under the outboard sections - strange.

Pierre

It's basically the F-4E MiG killer release with a few parts for the F-4G. It does not come with HARMs-only 1980s ordnance inappropriate for the decal choices.

And scott, yes, the radome is still horrible.

Jake

I will still get one. I built that kit a long time ago when I was young.

Anybody know when it will come out?

Looks like the end of this month, according to tower hobbies. Revell has announced on Facebook it is a March release. I have been looking forward to this release since it was announced this summer.

Looks like the end of this month, according to tower hobbies. Revell has announced on Facebook it is a March release. I have been looking forward to this release since it was announced this summer.

Thanks Kurt. Slow moment at work right now so I was going to attempt to google that up.

I am pretty behind the curve with new releases I guess.

It looks like the release must be close, I just turned up two on ebay, with actual pictures of the box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-1-32-scale-F-4G-PHANTOM-II-Wild-Weasel-Plane-Model-Kit-5994/281634602615?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D0adc76eae534405c85fb9d0b598cff68%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151624508821&rt=nc

I do not see it as in stock at towerhobbies or hobbylinc yet. I seem to recall a discussion within the past few years that Revell releases come to hobby stores a week or two before mass markets, and mail order.

Actually, the nose looked corrected and different from earlier pics.

Unfortunately, it's not. The plastic was on display at the IPMS Nationals last summer.

Jake