Revell 1/32 F-4G

Hey Jake it has been changed since last year according to MikeV who has one in hand.

Glad they at least made some effort to fix some of the Revell kits issues.

Good source of spares I think..

Oh, that's great! I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks!

It's basically the F-4E MiG killer release with a few parts for the F-4G. It does not come with HARMs-only 1980s ordnance inappropriate for the decal choices.

And scott, yes, the radome is still horrible.

Jake

quite wrong as the nose has been corrected. The canopy is not 20% as bad as you guys say it is (without ever seeing one). The kit's not perfect, but also not bad. The chin will need some work, and the tail will as well. Yet not a huge piece of work for the average guy here. Decals are not correct for the load out supplied.

gary

Hey Jake it has been changed since last year according to MikeV who has one in hand.

Glad they at least made some effort to fix some of the Revell kits issues.

Good source of spares I think..

I was at my LHS today and just saw this kit in its *huge* box. The box had this though:

http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/r/lrmxs5994.jpg

Never built Revell's phantom but isn't this the old nose?

Edit: Trying to clarify if the box I saw today has the old or the updated nose. From what I read here (new nose being in the works), it must be the wrong nose, correct?

Edited by Janissary

probably the Revell's peoples wish to let the door open to the Resin's aftermarket industry!

An open door for dust & wind... The unique correction resin nose is out of production from AMS Resin. :tumble:

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the kit today at Hobby Lobby using the 40% off phone app for a total of $34 and some change. I haven't looked at it closely but at that price for a kit of it's size, I can live with some issues it may have.

I'm holding the kit in my hands now. It uses the same radome as the original kit (part #206, same as my Revell Germany F-4F kit from a couple years ago). There is no retooled radome. Personally I don't care about the radome's shape, this is a decent kit at a very good price.

Does anyone make a 1/32 F-4G decal sheet that is READILY available? Thank you.

Terry

I'm holding the kit in my hands now. It uses the same radome as the original kit (part #206, same as my Revell Germany F-4F kit from a couple years ago). There is no retooled radome. Personally I don't care about the radome's shape, this is a decent kit at a very good price.

Does anyone make a 1/32 F-4G decal sheet that is READILY available? Thank you.

Terry

This is the one to get

http://www.reidairpublishing.com/product-p/shg32005.htm