VX-4 Vandy "White Bunny" Phantom

Saw this pic on eBay of a diecast F-4J Phantom II from VX-4.. apparently it's the Air Commanders bird, but digging through ARC only brought up mention of a decal sheet.. does anyone have any actual reference pics of the bird (not the decals)? Google search didn't turn up anything... Would love to work on this scheme..

AC30111-F4J-02.jpg

WhiteBunny2-1.jpg

Edited by glorystomper

The decal and scale instructions are much closer to correct then the metal model. THe "NAVY" is far to back and the bunny too small on the model.I have this in the stash, I think Fightertown decals. But can not remember for sure off the top of my skull.

The decal and scale instructions are much closer to correct then the metal model. THe "NAVY" is far to back and the bunny too small on the model.I have this in the stash, I think Fightertown decals. But can not remember for sure off the top of my skull.

AHA! you are correct, sir..

FTD-48068 VX Test Triumverate has the VX-4 White Bunny as one of the profiles!

thanks riffraff, gonna have to figure out if i'm going to do 1/72 or 1/48 scale first..

Edited by glorystomper

Are you collecting or looking to build from that sheet? If you're building be aware the bunnies are plain wrong, the intake warnings should be in red, not gray. Modex numbers are too small, Navy's are too small. The blue star stripes for the black bunny should be a different blue, and red outlines no gray. Stars have size issues and there's some other off details.

We specifically made 48068 with the white bunny because nohing out there is right. There's a lot of variations and different buno for black bunnies so you have to be careful which you're building. Most of the decal sheets are an amalgam of different jets.

Brian.

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

Are you collecting or looking to build from that sheet? If you're building be aware the bunnies are plain wrong, the intake warnings should be in red, not gray. Modex numbers are too small, Navy's are too small. The blue star stripes for the black bunny should be a different blue, and red outlines no gray. Stars have size issues and there's some other off details.

We specifically made 48068 with the white bunny because nohing out there is right. There's a lot of variations and different buno for black bunnies so you have to be careful which you're building. Most of the decal sheets are an amalgam of different jets.

Brian.

Brian,

What's the verdict on the old Detail & Scale sheet? I have that in the stash andcwas curious on your thoughts on it?

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Brian.

So far just collecting all the ones I can find atm.. but I'm a die-hard FTD guy, so 48068 is definitely at the top of my list!