Dodge Viper SRT-10.

Hello all,

Just thought that I would start my build blog for this Group Build (thanks to the Mods for taking care of this GB :thumbsup:/>). I am a huge 1:1 scale car fan but this will be only my third ever car build in over 35+ years of modeling. So, I am still a novice when it comes to car modeling (hence a straight OOB build for me)

Obligatory box shot:

1407457695.jpg

Here we go. The heart of the Viper:

IMG_20150311_193205162.jpg

I painted the Vipers engine using the many excellent references found online.

IMG_20150311_193241422.jpg

Revel supplies the "Viper" seen on the rocker cover as a decal but I dry brushed instead.

IMG_20150312_112236317.jpg

Here are the engine compartment, cockpit, chassis, running gear, car interior, lower hood etc assembled and primed.

IMG_20150312_112256059.jpg

IMG_20150312_112317275.jpg

IMG_20150312_112350683.jpg

IMG_20150312_112401293.jpg

Next will be a coat of semi-gloss black and picking out various details in the interior, engine compartment, and chassis. I am quite happy with the level of detail and fit so far.

Thanks for looking comments welcome.

Regards all,

Don

The year this Viper was produced Dodge had Red, Black, Silver, or Yellow as color options (Blue came a year after). I was thinking yellow but my 6 year old Son said I should go red. So I am leaning towards classic Viper gloss red. Besides I may have another build for this GB that will be yellow ;)

:cheers:

Steady progress on my Viper. Here is a shot of the cockpit (drivers/passenger interior) so far:

IMG_20150316_160107417_HDR.jpg

Interior is painted semi-gloss black as per your standard Viper. Instruments are decals and they were awesome to work with :thumbsup:!

Seat middles were sprayed NATO Black to mimic the materials used on the real Viper. Essentially the standard real Viper is overall semi-gloss black on the interior except the set middles, which look like a very dark grey.

IMG_20150316_155944607_HDR.jpg

Racing style seat harness/belts are scratch made from painted strips of paper and painted red (which I think pops in the semi-gloss black interior). Silver buckles are temporary. Not the greatest I know but they do the job. Brake rotors are painted a silvery-bronze color as seen in online reference pictures. Calipers are factory stock red.

That's about it so far all. The exterior body is on my agenda for this week. So stay tuned.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

Regards,

Don

P.S. apologies for the dust in the photos...I didn't notice it until I uploaded the pictures :doh: . I should have ran a dust cloth over it prior to snapping the two pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. Without a doubt, auto building is one of the more challenging modeling mediums in my opinion...yet VERY rewarding ;) .

Now...where's my LaFerrari?

Again, thanks all.

:cheers:

Don