Whatever they say about that aircraft...I just love it !!!

So...here is the KH kit...hhhmmm...is it me...or is it the kit ??? Its all Greek to me...and I am Greek!!!

First I had to add the APU exhaust at the top...nothing serious...

P1010023.jpg

image hoP1010024.jpg

post a picturesting 30 mb

...pieces of plastic and a fine mess and is done,,,

Now the first problem I encountered is here...how do I fit the cockpit tub and the IRF "case"...they just don't fit in there ... or I just am plain stupid...any help guys???

P1010026.jpg

image hosting over 10mb

• 2 weeks later...

What is going on here ... please enlight me...KH instructions state that part B40 (shown on the instructions) should be placed at the back of the cockpit on the upper fuselage piece...ok so far!!! Then, the fun starts now, piece B30 should be placed(glued) at the back of the clear canopy. Ok...THERE IS NO part B30 on the sprue and from what I have seen on the net, is part B40 at the back of the clear canopy and nothing at the back of the cockpit...

kh80132a_1.jpg

upload pics

cockpit_1.jpg

image hosting site over 5mb

Edited by zark

I would say that should go on rear of cockpit. Looks like it'd be a headbanger if it was actually on the canopy like that. There was nothing like that on the B canopy.

Actually the rear end of the A and C model canopy is closed off by that or some other piece seen on this photo of the actual aircraft.

https://www.flickr.c...rce/5951289239/

Edited by Inquisitor

No, it's not you. My Dad is working on this one too and showed me the exact same problem the other night. Apparently Kitty Hawk threw in the IFR bay and didn't modify the cockpit tub so the two don't foul each other. It doesn't really make me want to invest in a KH F-35.

...does anyone knows what on earth is that ???

P1010036_2.jpg

free picture upload

I can't be sure but, I would guess it's the ammo drum for the GAU-12 cannon. Nice work so far, I really like the undercarriage as I echo a previous post. The pit looks great too! I have put off purchasing this kit but, with your work I am inspired to get it, even with all the head aches you are going through!

Edited by taggor

Its ok!, I found out that this is the "drum" from an F-18 gun...hhhmm...next diorama...maybe...

Something else now...is the USNAVY using the gbu-32??? I have a spare couple from my F-22 built (academy) and I would like to use them with my F-35C...anyone???

• 2 weeks later...