Janne,

Nice to see that you're finally well enough to get back to the bench. Nice update. Both sides of the pit is looking rather good, as is the inners of the gun bay.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know you're better now, couple weeks ago I had a terrible cough myself, not strong but annoyingly recurrent :/

Very nice detail OOB, I like the shading you gave it, I don't remember where I seen using graphite to highlight the edges, over black doesn't seem to change the color but gives a nice metallic shine, give it a try some day.

cheers!

Good to know you're better now, couple weeks ago I had a terrible cough myself, not strong but annoyingly recurrent :/

Very nice detail OOB, I like the shading you gave it, I don't remember where I seen using graphite to highlight the edges, over black doesn't seem to change the color but gives a nice metallic shine, give it a try some day.

cheers!

Thanx DGP :D

I happened to go by my hobby room.....Saw some plastic on the table and decided to glue it together :P

I threw in the pits in a fuselage half and hoped for the best.

IMG_2302_zps0igqfbq5.jpg

View of the gun bay.

IMG_2303_zpsju1at6qy.jpg

Installed the rear facing guns.

IMG_2304_zpszt8kvglh.jpg

..and the sights

IMG_2305_zps5njlwo1v.jpg

There ...all ready to glue the fuselage!

IMG_2306_zpssghmrvss.jpg

First I taped it together and it looks like it works...no emediate problems, really fine tolerances in this kit!

IMG_2307_zpsa09hfpqg.jpg

Then glue and some.....convincing :P

IMG_2308_zpsdr6uyvlk.jpg

There...see if I come by the hobby room some more later on ...

Cheers!

Janne,

Nice to see a actual update. I was starting to think that you have lost interest in a rare non-jet/ WW11 build. The installed cockpit really does look quite good.

Strange things happen when one walks by or even enters ones model/computer room. Believe me, I know. :whistle:/>

Joel

Janne,

Nice to see a actual update. I was starting to think that you have lost interest in a rare non-jet/ WW11 build. The installed cockpit really does look quite good.

Strange things happen when one walks by or even enters ones model/computer room. Believe me, I know. :whistle:/>/>

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Nah, more like a general dip in build mojo...a quick SW build usually cures that :)

Janne,

For some reason I just never equated you with Mojo issues. You're always so into your builds, as well as super active here on ARC, and I'll assume just as active on other sites as well. I guess we all go through it every once in a while. We use to call it Burnout back in the old days.Anyway, I'm glad to read that you're back "in the saddle" once again. And yes, that's another old time phrase from the good old '60's.:nanner:/>/>

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Janne,

For some reason I just never equated you with Mojo issues. You're always so into your builds, as well as super active here on ARC, and I'll assume just as active on other sites as well. I guess we all go through it every once in a while. We use to call it Burnout back in the old days.Anyway, I'm glad to read that you're back "in the saddle" once again. And yes, that's another old time phrase from the good old '60's.:nanner:/>/>/>

Joel

LOL Well I usually have drops on build mojo during the year usually in the autumn but sometimes I get too distracted by life to enjoy a build. I'm gradually clawing my way back to my usual build frenezy.....em rate I meant rate :P

LOL Well I usually have drops on build mojo during the year usually in the autumn but sometimes I get too distracted by life to enjoy a build. I'm gradually clawing my way back to my usual build frenezy.....em rate I meant rate :P/>

Yeah, this comes from a guy who sees me starting a new kit on saturday and texts me on monday asking me if it is finished..

Yeah, I KNOW the Bandai X-wing is supposed to be a snap/tite kit, but it still has a lot of parts!

:-D

Yeah, this comes from a guy who sees me starting a new kit on saturday and texts me on monday asking me if it is finished..

Yeah, I KNOW the Bandai X-wing is supposed to be a snap/tite kit, but it still has a lot of parts!

:-D

LoL poor little you :P

done yet btw?

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress???

Janne,

I'll 2nd that. It kind of seams like you're just not into this build. Most likely because it has a prop, no wait, it has two props. I still remember when I 1st met you during your F-111 build, and how amazed I was at your focus, attention to detail, and the amount of progress you were making daily. The Me 410 just seems like the opposite.

Joel

Very little progress to show I'm afraid :(

It's not so much the kit as general lack of build mojo and life being nasty in general....but it'll change sooner or later.

This weekend we're arranging a modeller summer camp for middle aged model enthusiasts :D

From Friday afternoon to Sunday noon it'll be all plastic and glue and no kids nor family to interfere

We do this every May!

Very little progress to show I'm afraid :(/>

It's not so much the kit as general lack of build mojo and life being nasty in general....but it'll change sooner or later.

This weekend we're arranging a modeller summer camp for middle aged model enthusiasts :D/>

From Friday afternoon to Sunday noon it'll be all plastic and glue and no kids nor family to interfere

We do this every May!

Janne,

Now that sounds like a Mojo builder for sure.

Joel