1:48 Revell F-15C (kit #5283)

Hey all! Almost done with my 1:32 Academy Hornet and I'm thinking that next on the list will be my 1:48 Revell F-15C, but I have a couple questions about mixing and matching from the Revell Strike Eagle kit. I was wondering...will the exhaust nozzles from the Mudhen kit fit in this one? Got a spare set lying around and, IMHO, those look better than what came with the kit. And the intake covers in the Mudhen kit. Will those fit as well? Plus, does anybody know a way to modify it so I don't have to put that nose gear strut in prior to assembly? Thanks for the help :-)

Hey all! Almost done with my 1:32 Academy Hornet and I'm thinking that next on the list will be my 1:48 Revell F-15C, but I have a couple questions about mixing and matching from the Revell Strike Eagle kit. I was wondering...will the exhaust nozzles from the Mudhen kit fit in this one? Got a spare set lying around and, IMHO, those look better than what came with the kit. And the intake covers in the Mudhen kit. Will those fit as well? Plus, does anybody know a way to modify it so I don't have to put that nose gear strut in prior to assembly? Thanks for the help :-)

You can always modify the kit nozzles. I fooled around with it awhile back. Cut off the wedges from the kit parts, and replace using .020x.020 Evergreen rod although they may be a bit too large, so a smaller size may be better . It is alot better than the kit parts without mods.

100_3531.jpg