1/144 C-135 Resin Goodies Coming!!

Paul Fisher has given the OK to announce that he's hard at work on a whole bunch of upgrades and conversions for the Minicraft KC-135 kit.

No specifics as yet, but we're talking about a number of detail improvements as well as conversions for some of the more popular warty variants.

Stay tuned for more info and pics as they're available!

J

You're gonna need multiple copies of the Minicraft KC-135, I promise!

But hey, look at it this way: you can put four of them in the space it would take for one AMT/Ertl 1/72 kit!

I'd be more than willing to spend my entire paycheck on multiple kits and conversions each week if this comes to fruition! I don't really care what scale it is. We have been waiting years for this!

Talk about probably the best news so far this year. :woo:/>

Hey Jennings. Any chance you can stress to Paul the importance of getting that horribly crappy windshield area fixed. If I had his skills and talent, I'd make this job number one.

But the thought of having hog noses and chipmunk cheeks makes everything in the universe just right. I may have to get rid of my 1/72 AMT/ERTL RC's now.

PS - So how 'bout those decals now Jenns? Any chance of squeezing another hour or two into your days? :whistle:/>

• 2 weeks later...

That still doesn't get you a correction for the *awful* clear canopy part, and the inaccurate flat facet behind it on the fuselage. To me that's the worst part of the MC kit. You can't make accurately sized windscreen decals fit on the MC part.

I'll say this again:

I'm waiting to get a new cockpit area that's correct before I even start finalizing decals for it...

About 95% of the rest of what's needed for decals is already done.

Just as soon as Paul gets rolling, I'll get rolling.

I just grabbed an R model at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. The clear part is indeed....bad. I don't know how it could have been done so poorly. Luckily I have a handful of Skyline 737 kits so I grabbed one of the spare clear wind screen parts and, with a little bit of trimming, it drops right in. Just a little bit of putty and it should be a nice improvement over the original part. I am very much looking forward to Paul's resin. I hope to see not only a wind screen fix, but some engines as well. And then there's all the other lumps and bumps....great news! With a little bit of TLC and Fisher Resin, this is going to be a wonderful kit.

Jennings- I can't wait to see what you have in store for us too. Let me throw in a vote for AK and UT ANG markings.

Temporary fix for the KC-135 windscreen until a real replacement comes along: Skyline Models 737 windscreen. A little cutting on the Minicraft fuselage and the fit is pretty good.

Canopy%20fix_zps6pkw2zua.jpg

Cheers,

John