FMK new release 1/48 F-20A Tigershark

Hi all,

11bee is quite right. At present the most voracious market is in China hence the fact that we must appeal to them foremost. I am sorry but we don't have the money to be choosy about what we make. However, my home market is your home market and I will be pushing hard for things "we" or rather "you" want.

Once sales are looking good and the process honed better then we will start to look at some nice kits that we in the EU and Americas would like. There are some exciting ideas being suggested and we will definitely look at those.

We just ask that you have some patience whilst we build the brand.

In all honesty, it is more important for us to listen to our customers as "you" are "us". We are modellers and we also have our own "wants list". But slowly slowly catchee monkey.

Now, please please don't expect any of the following items to be in our release schedule but this list is my wish list so you know where I would like to be in a few years to come.

If another manufacturer comes out with these then I am just as happy to be honest.

My personal wants list:

X-29 1/48

X-32 1/48

X-40A 1/48

SU-17-22 1/48

SU-32 1/48

Sukhoi Superjet 100 1/72

SU-T-49 1/48

Super King Air series 1/48

Now as I said, please don't read into this list. I am not saying one way or another. Just that this is MY list.

Edited by loki

Hi all,

11bee is quite right. At present the most voracious market is in China hence the fact that we must appeal to them foremost. I am sorry but we don't have the money to be choosy about what we make.

But... but.. it's not about making money, it's about catering to ARC members' arcane wish lists (including mine) :)

BTW, I like your list. Would be great to see a 1/48th King Air series. I'm not big on the civie versions but there are plenty of pretty cool military ISR variants I'd like to build.

Nice list but you left out the X-31 :P

Btw, (sorry to sidetrack but the curiosity is killing me) --- has anyone ordered that other manufacturer's 1/48 X-31 and actually received it ( No, not ATTIC. That other one)? I don't mean the 1st run ones but the one that he claims has been redesigned? What's the verdict on the quality of the kit?

You can PM me if you don't want to say anything on the forum B)

Edited by JackMan

I like the F-20, great Whif fodder! Hopefully, the F-20 generates the $$$ for future projects. Personally, I'd love to see a...

1/48 North American FJ-3 Fury - love USN Cold War jets in dark sea blue!

1/48 Ford Trimotor (4-AT or 5-AT version) - great "Golden Age" of aviation classic airliner

1/48 Wright Flyer - started it all!

I'm sure the last two might be somewhat esoteric but they are very historically significant and (to the best of my knowledge) have never been kitted in 1/48 scale in injection-molded plastic.

:cheers:/>/>/> happy modeling and best of luck with your business! Bryan

Edited by Bryan H.

I like the F-20, great Whif fodder! Hopefully, the F-20 generates the $$$ for future projects. Personally, I'd love to see a...

1/48 North American FJ-3 Fury - love USN Cold War jets in dark sea blue!

1/48 Ford Trimotor (4-AT or 5-AT version) - great "Golden Age" of aviation classic airliner

1/48 Wright Flyer - started it all!

I'm sure the last two might be somewhat esoteric but they are very historically significant and (to the best of my knowledge) have never been kitted in 1/48 scale in injection-molded plastic.

:cheers:/>/>/>/> happy modeling and best of luck with your business! Bryan

There already is a 1/48 Wright Flyer, and a fairly decent one too. No, not Monogram, but Tonka. Tonka Diorama 7011 "Moment of Flight" includes a kit of the aircraft that reminds me strongly of Otaki back in the day. The kit turns up on Ebay for pricing ranging from cheap through reasonable to ridiculous. But it is a worthwhile model and wingspan scales out to 1/48.

• 2 months later...

Ya know, just last week I saw the old Monogram F-20 at the LHS. Almost picked it up; still might go back for it.

Just curious about you picking up the Monogram kit. I don't want to misinterpret your comment. Are you saying that because there's something wrong with the Freedom kit? I would imagine that the Freedom kit will be a much better build than the Monogram kit, though the Monogram kit is still a decent build.

Just can't please anyone. No matter what a company decides to kit there's going to be a group whining about it..."boo hoo they should have made the kit I wanted." It get's incredibly old, but whatevs...I'll be buying one or two. I don't care what its history is...it's a damn cool looking airplane.

Just curious about you picking up the Monogram kit. I don't want to misinterpret your comment. Are you saying that because there's something wrong with the Freedom kit? I would imagine that the Freedom kit will be a much better build than the Monogram kit, though the Monogram kit is still a decent build.

Sorry, just thinking out loud... <_< Although the price was right, at $16....

I would love a King Air and some othe civil jets like a Gulfstream , Maybe a Star ship and a T-1 Jayhawk.

Wait 'till you see what Gulfstream's lawyers want for the privilege...

We should be up for global sales by the end of July. That's barring any complications. So far so good though.

One or two little tweaks and we're good to go.

Fantastic! Where does one usually acquire FMK kits (online of course)? I've been out of the model purchase game for a couple years (budget restrictions), and I'm not familiar with FMK.

Fantastic! Where does one usually acquire FMK kits (online of course)? I've been out of the model purchase game for a couple years (budget restrictions), and I'm not familiar with FMK.

Shawn,

Our previous X-47B is available at Spruebrothers and throughout Europe c/o Hannants and Uschi Van Der Rosten / Modellbau Koenig in Germany.

We are looking to distribute through more places for the F-20 and remain open to suggestion. Having said that we are hoping to be working with someone really cool in the US. More to come of that at the IPMS nationals later this year in the US.

We aim to please so suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Martin

I've wanted a new tool F-20 for some time, not necessarily because of the prototypes that flew (even though they looked cool, but rather so I can do Shin Kazama's F-20 from the Area 88 Manga/Anime series. The animators did a cool thing when they altered the red and white colorscheme of the first prototype F-20 and gave it a nice blue and white revamp with the flaming unicorn logo on the tail. It was beautiful. I've got the Takara 1/100 and Hasegawa 1/72 offerings, plus I tried building the Monogram kit back in the day, but my skill set back then wasn't quite up to the task. Now I know I can do the plane justice with the proper canvas.

Shawn,

Our previous X-47B is available at Spruebrothers and throughout Europe c/o Hannants and Uschi Van Der Rosten / Modellbau Koenig in Germany.

We are looking to distribute through more places for the F-20 and remain open to suggestion. Having said that we are hoping to be working with someone really cool in the US. More to come of that at the IPMS nationals later this year in the US.

Best,

Martin

I live in the US, so spruebrothers works for me! Of course, Squadron would be a good outlet, probably.

Thanks for the reply, and I will look forward to purchasing this kit.

Shawn,

Best,

Martin

Hi Martin! Would you know any on-line shops in Hong Kong where you'll be distributing to? Thanks in advance!

Edited by flybywire