• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Love it :thumbsup: . Paint and weathering looks bang on...nice and dusty. About the only thing I would do is load up the bustle rack with some more gear.

m1a2_13_of_33_zps17h4b4q3.jpg

I have this same kit in the stash that keeps calling to me.

Kudos!

:cheers:

• 4 months later...
On October 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM, crushkill said:

Fantastic build.  I know the judges hate it, but there's something awesome about a filthy mismatched color piece of armor.  Great job man.

Thanks guys.   I had to add a few green parts, seemed to be somewhat common over there, plus it breaks up an otherwise boring paint scheme.  She was a fun build.  If I come across something reasonably priced, I'll add some gear in the bustle rack. 

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Thanks guys.   I had to add a few green parts, seemed to be somewhat common over there, plus it breaks up an otherwise boring paint scheme.  She was a fun build.  If I come across something reasonably priced, I'll add some gear in the bustle rack. 

Every vehicle I saw overseas had green on it somewhere. Don't worry too much about the bustle rack, we usually kept them as empty as possible cause occasionally the kids would try and climb up on the vehicle to get your stuff.  If we ever put anything in them it was cases of water or a cooler.

That being said I'm a Bradley guy (though all my deployments were on trucks) but I did see quite a lot of tanks.  I'll look through my pictures, but I don't remember there being much in the racks.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:25 PM, crushkill said:

Don't worry too much about the bustle rack, we usually kept them as empty as possible cause occasionally the kids would try and climb up on the vehicle to get your stuff.  If we ever put anything in them it was cases of water or a cooler.

That depends on when and where you are depicting the tank from.  From the initial invasion of Iraq in Mar-Apr '03 until late '03, the vehicles were heavily laden with gear and the bustle racks were overfilled since we had to carry everything we needed with us.  Once we moved into more permanent FOBs (Forward Operating Bases), lighter loads like you describe were carried since the vehicles were not going out of the FOB for extended periods.  Usually they were out overnight at the longest and back the next day.  There were a few more extended operations where the bustle racks were more full again like Fallujah '04 and '06, and some of the operation to the north around Mosul and Tikrit as well.  Basically, it depended on time and unit.  The best bet is to find a pic you like of a certain tank and use that as a guide to stowage.

8 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

That depends on when and where you are depicting the tank from.  From the initial invasion of Iraq in Mar-Apr '03 until late '03, the vehicles were heavily laden with gear and the bustle racks were overfilled since we had to carry everything we needed with us.  Once we moved into more permanent FOBs (Forward Operating Bases), lighter loads like you describe were carried since the vehicles were not going out of the FOB for extended periods.  Usually they were out overnight at the longest and back the next day.  There were a few more extended operations where the bustle racks were more full again like Fallujah '04 and '06, and some of the operation to the north around Mosul and Tikrit as well.  Basically, it depended on time and unit.  The best bet is to find a pic you like of a certain tank and use that as a guide to stowage.

True

• 3 months later...