CH-124 Sea King -shelf Queen

Found another one. Thought this was a fresh kit. Doing some inventory found this guy. Guessing it was started by DonG. Its been in my stash for around 5 years. As you can see DonG does real nice work. I would have picked this up on one of our many trades over the years.

I will add Belcher Bits Sea King sets 1 and 2. Maybe 3 if its needed. Also intend to buy Canuck decals special 50th anniversary scheme for this one.

DSC_0762_1.jpg

Added Belcher Bits resin sets one and two. I hate two. Cutting all those tubes.

I have done this before and do not cut out the edge that SHOULD be included. Every time I did that in the past I just buggered the whole thing. So this time, just leave the tubes in the straight position.

Artistic licence I suppose.

Also covered up the hole for the dunking sonar. We removed that some years back. (If I remember correctly) Still using these things. They are older then me!!!!!

DSC_0763_1.jpg

Edited by phantom

Hi There.

Started following your progress on this build. Just wanted to give you a heads up though that the '50 Years' special didn't carry the launch tubes.

Via another website...

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/3/2/2300238.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.

David

I'd recommend removing the sponsons and their supports too. It'll be far easier to apply the decals and paint without those in the way. Also, that middle fuel cap opening should be closed off. Our Seakings only had 2 of them.

Edited by RiderFan

They are older then me!!!!!

Reminds me of the gag poster about the RCN flying yesterday's aircraft tomorrow. Sad, but true and I have the utmost admiration for those pilots.

Nice work big boy.

Mike

Taking a look at the photo David sent me, it would appear I do not need to use anything from Belcher Bits set number 3. So I can save that for a future build. It does appear an empty frame work for the FLIR camera is in place. So I made one using my number 3 set as a guide.

DSC_0766_1.jpg

Using photos which must be from a different day then the ones David used , I have slightly different colour choices. Rotors and winch appear to be fleet standard in two of the photos on the RCAF web site.

So that is how I painted them.

Really nice decal sheet David came up with. Looks great on my finished shelf.

DSC_0780_1.jpg

DSC_0782_1.jpg

DSC_0781_1.jpg

DSC_0774_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty...can we call it "pretty" or does that make it weird ( :lol: )...looking Sea King! The old girl still looks the business. Nice work indeed :thumbsup: !

Regards,

Don

Hi There.

Started following your progress on this build. Just wanted to give you a heads up though that the '50 Years' special didn't carry the launch tubes.

Via another website...

http://cdn-www.airli...3/2/2300238.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.

David

Good thing I just read this! Now I have a bunch of holes to fill in.....LOL.

Edited by Colin K