new Mirage III family & Mirage 5 & Atlas Cheetah 1/72

Hey,

maybe you know already, but R.V. wants to publish Mirage III family, Mirage 5 and Atlas Cheetah in May this year.

941740-12038-83.jpg

On facebook you can see frist pics of decal sheet and painting schemata.

link

These are new moulds, no reboxing.

And there are nice israeli variants. :)/>

Edited by MiG-Mech

Nice! :banana:

Hope they'll do a "no frills" boxing as they did with their Indian MiG-21 bis.

Bit puzzled by the Atlas Cheetah. Which version is it gonna be? And aren't they all, as far as fuselage and wings are concerned, basically different aircraft from the baseline Mirage III? Wouldn't any Cheetah require all new moulds for the wings and fuselage unless you wanted to do a lot of chopping and splicing-in of variant-specific parts?

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just wondering. Can't have enough Mirages!

Yes, I am. Well, in my defense; they are both Czech firms laugh.gif Or are they?

Yup but RV is obsessed with rivets while MPM isn't smile.gif

I want to see before buying. The MiG-21SMT was a cold shower to me.

Edited by Laurent

Nice! :banana:/>

Hope they'll do a "no frills" boxing as they did with their Indian MiG-21 bis.

Bit puzzled by the Atlas Cheetah. Which version is it gonna be? And aren't they all, as far as fuselage and wings are concerned, basically different aircraft from the baseline Mirage III? Wouldn't any Cheetah require all new moulds for the wings and fuselage unless you wanted to do a lot of chopping and splicing-in of variant-specific parts?

Not that I'm complaining or anything, just wondering. Can't have enough Mirages!

The Cheetah C would be the biggie. It's essentially a Kfir with an Atar 9K-50 engine and an extended nose immediately behind the cockpit. New fuselage and wings required. Given the way RV approaches these things I wouldn't discount it!

I suppose MiG-Mech's thinking is that if they're willing to do an Atlas Cheeath, which (regardless of variant) seems to be closer to a Kfir than a Mirage III, that they might then also consider an actual Kfir family.

Regarding the Kinetic Mirage III/5 in 1/72, Kineticmodel France's facebook page has a post (LINK!) alluding to a Mirage III/5 family and an AMX in 1/72 being in the making. :yahoo:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Regarding the Kinetic Mirage III/5 in 1/72, Kineticmodel France's facebook page has a post (LINK!) alluding to a Mirage III/5 family and an AMX in 1/72 being in the making. :yahoo:/>

Good news! Where can I order? :woot.gif:

My French is really rusty (dropped it in favour of Spanish ASAP, as I absolutely hated the "lady" teaching French at our school), but I think the blurb says they don't have a release date yet.

• 3 months later...