Kitty Hawk 1/48 UH-1Y Venom

No, it's a 3D printer. the User manual is on my desk now.

norbert

awesome! what kind of file formats does that 3d printer software recognize? will it recognize .ma or .obj files? have you considered selling 3d prints for hire?

i would love to have a 3d printer one day - perhaps you can share your experience with that machine if you have time!

:)/>

-Ramon

awesome! what kind of file formats does that 3d printer software recognize? will it recognize .ma or .obj files? have you considered selling 3d prints for hire?

i would love to have a 3d printer one day - perhaps you can share your experience with that machine if you have time!

:)/>/>

-Ramon

Hi Ramon

the printer sofware recongnizes .stl files only

however, I can use .obj and .ma files and some others also

So far, I'm testing the limits of the printer, that will take a little time.

hope to show the first prints soon

Norbert

One of the options KH give you is for one with a green (FS 36495) fuselage, there are no unit details given on the instructions. Is this a real scheme? I can only seem to find photos of a computer sim model in these colours?

Cheers,

Julien

One of the options KH give you is for one with a green (FS 36495) fuselage, there are no unit details given on the instructions. Is this a real scheme? I can only seem to find photos of a computer sim model in these colours?

Cheers,

Julien

36495 is pale grey. Used on things like the underside of early F/A-18A/B models up until about 1985.

The local radio news is reporting a Marines UH-1Y is missing in Nepal on an aid mission. I heard this about half an hour after reading Floyd was working on a tribute model to another lost Venom crew.