Blue Angels over the Magic Kingdom on Thursday!

All,

My wife posted on my Facebook page a video from one of the TV stations in the Orlando FL area that had the Blue Angels doing a fly over the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando. My assumption is that the Blues did this "target of opportunity" fly over the Magic Kingdom as they were traveling to Melbourne FL for an airshow today. I also assumed that this trip for them started at their home base in Pesacola FL. I know that this is an assumption or an educated guess on my part, but can any one here confirm any of this? This fly over is not listed on the airshow scheduled but somebody somewhere had to know about it in advance for a TV station to have a video crew there to preserve it for all of us who weren't there to enjoy it in person. Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Hmmm....wonder if who would know something about it or have a giant poster for his office with the shots of the break and the delta pass.....

Some of us will never know....

-Jim

Edited by Liberator24

and the required NOTAMS would have had to be filed.

I know this sounds like I'm being a snob, but no notams would be published for that specific fly-over since it's already in a tfr. It actually requires "waivers" to be filed with the tracon. Thats so the ATC controller can legally vector the Bules over the castle. I'm just saying because I know there are at least a few student pilots on here and I don't want them to get confused about notams.

I know this sounds like I'm being a snob, but no notams would be published for that specific fly-over since it's already in a tfr. It actually requires "waivers" to be filed with the tracon. Thats so the ATC controller can legally vector the Bules over the castle. I'm just saying because I know there are at least a few student pilots on here and I don't want them to get confused about notams.

A TFR is a NOTAM.

My answer was to the initial question of did the Blues just decide to fly over Disney on a whim? Which they did not.

Funny thing was the wife and I were riding "Space Mountain" when that happened.

Met the public affairs liaison and several members of the ground staff when we were walking into the park.

The one time on my vacation we didn't take a real camera.

William G

It was a planned photo op in conjunction with their trip to the weekends airshow on the FL East coast.

They did some air to air shots with Disney as a backdrop too.

According to the teams FB page...