Found a Walk Around Video of the AH-64D with an old friend...

in a profeesional magazine I get called Rotorcraft Pro. I was thumbing thru the magazine when I came across the article

"Meet a Rotorcraft Pro" & recognized a name. The featured person was Ken Jones who was my platoon leader back at Ft. Hood, TX (early 80's) and we did a lot fo flying together. So a few pages over, I see there was a video of Ken & the magazine editor taking a closer look at the AH-64D Apache helicopter that Ken now flies. So take a look and notice the weathering, oil stains, & the spot painting of this bird.

http://www.justhelicopters.com/Multi-Media/Videos/VideoPlayer/TabId/574/VideoId/448/Boeing-AH64-Apache-WalkAround.aspx

Also does anybody make an upturned exhaust update set for the Longbow Apache in 1/48 scale?

Incidently, it was good seeing a former flying buddy & fellow officer. We lost contact back in 1985 & never knew what he was doing

but now I am going to try to get back in touch with him.

Enjoy the video it is about 14 minutes.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

There are no UES in any scale for the AH-64 that I know of. I wish an after-market company would do that at some point soon. I am trying to complete a project for a friend who was KIA in A-stan while flying Apaches (he was killed on the ground, not in his aircraft) and for it to be accurate, it needs the UES. Thank you for the video...I'll check it out soon.

Aaron