This one of those 1/100ish ones right? Kinda like the B-wing?

This and the B-wing are the ships that I wished Finemolds would have done, or maybe Bandai will do. I at least have them in 1/72 from Fantastic Plastic, but an injection molded kit would be better.

Can't wait to see it finished! Are you going to do the stock paint scheme, or something else?

-Dave

This one of those 1/100ish ones right? Kinda like the B-wing?This and the B-wing are the ships that I wished Finemolds would have done, or maybe Bandai will do. I at least have them in 1/72 from Fantastic Plastic, but an injection molded kit would be better.Can't wait to see it finished! Are you going to do the stock paint scheme, or something else?-Dave

This one works out to be closer to 1/48! :D/>

Like what nicholassagan said, it's closer to 1:48 ... kinda guessing as if you sit a 1:48 pilot figure in the cockpit it looks fine.

How do you like the Fantastic Plastic kits? I would like to get the A-Wing and B-Wing in 1:72 as well. I don't think they're available for sale anymore?

I'm going with stock paint scheme.

Like what nicholassagan said, it's closer to 1:48 ... kinda guessing as if you sit a 1:48 pilot figure in the cockpit it looks fine.

How do you like the Fantastic Plastic kits? I would like to get the A-Wing and B-Wing in 1:72 as well. I don't think they're available for sale anymore?

I'm going with stock paint scheme.

They look nice in the box. I haven't built either of them yet. The fins on the A-wing are pretty warped, and I'll probably just scratch them out of sheet plastic, but they look nice. I'm no expert on accuracy though.

-Dave

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get that TIE bomber and the A-Wing / B-Wing when they come out again :)/>/>/> That's pretty much all I wanted for my Star Wars collection that Fine Molds never produced.

As for where my build is:

-most of the panel lines have been sanded away, need to scribe the new lines in.

-trimming down some parts like the part in the rear fuselage with four nozzles, they look too thick OOB.

2ebvmeg.jpg

Edited by Benner

done scribing the panel lines so I've applied a preshade.

-also grinded down the O rings behind the engines, removed placement tabs for the engines so the parts would fit tigther

25sqzv9.jpg

Edited by Benner
  • 2 weeks later...

flat sprayed on. The canopy will be the only item that I will "snap" on; everything else is glued in place.

23hswi9.jpg

I tossed out the kit pilot long ago, am messing around with a Hasegawa pilot figure.

calling it done. The last thing to do was the pilot figure, I used a Hasegawa pilot figure and the head from a USN carrier deck figure. I could have put more effort into detailing but it's good enough for me as you can't see much in there anyhow.

1t7ocn.jpg

307pzcg.jpg