CF-104 BIG CF-104 TAM 1976

At the Heritage con 2015 show this past weekend I picked up something I said I was done building.

1/32 Hasegawa CF-104s. For $20 I picked up the started parts and tons of resin of 4 Hasegawa Starfighters. I figure I can get two completed kits out of them Some parts are badly damaged and not usable but most are just fine. The resin is all the good stuff. I might have some left over when its all said and done. Might be able to get three done if I use parts to fix one Starfighter on the shelfs I am not happy with.

I picked up a Canucks Starfighter sheet and think I can easily get two builds out of that as well.

So now to get started.

In the box shot, built rears, Nicely done cockpit and landing gear. But the landing gear is quite damaged.

DSC_0787_1.jpg

OK, I can get two out of this IF one of them is built wheels up. The landing gear was built, but pretty damaged. I spent the day fixing one beautifully painted set. But the rear gear just did not work.

This is how it will wait till some time next week.

DSC_0788_1.jpg

Its done. Anyone look at this one?

DSC_0792_1.jpg

Canuck decals ,very nice and sharp. Got the details correct. Looking forward to using the big set for a silver sym scheme.

DSC_0794_1.jpg

DSC_0797_1.jpg

No comments? Oh well.

If you notice above the radome-less one is 104751, followed by 104750, 104749 and 12748. The new one is 104847.

Close as I could get with the 5 planes 441 sent to the meet that year.

Whoa now that's a nice restoration right there fellas :thumbsup: ! I have a soft spot for the 104...not my favorite...but she's a pleasing looking machine on the eyes (IMHO of course). Great work, well done Sir.

Regards,

Don.