IAF KFIR C2 Ejection seat

Hi,I'm interested in buildung an IAF KFIR C2. I' almost sure rhat this bird uses the Martin Baker Mk.6 ejection seat. I was looking around in my favourite shop for something aftermarket seat or cockpit. I found a Mk.6 seat but I read on the packaging that it is for RAF Bucaneers and Phantoms. I knew that the Mk.6 seat was similar to the seat used on Mirage and M-326. I'm a little bit confused an afraid to build a fake. Can you help me, please?

Thank you martinMK! Let me ask you one more question: Does mk.4 have two handles on the top? I saw on the web many pictures. In some it has only one handle, in some others it has two handles. Considet that is for an 1/48 build, so what is the best afermarket seat I should buy?

Thank you martinMK! Let me ask you one more question: Does mk.4 have two handles on the top? I saw on the web many pictures. In some it has only one handle, in some others it has two handles. Considet that is for an 1/48 build, so what is the best afermarket seat I should buy?

I'm not Martin but I can answer: there's no answer. Mirage 5BA/BR Mk.4 seats had two handles while Mk.4 seat of French Mirage III/5 had a single handle. Mirage F1C Mk.4 parachute was placed in a metal bucket but not the parachute in the Mirage III/5 Mk.4 seat. In my understanding, the Mk.X designation just indicates the generation of the seat but not really its looks.

Edited by Laurent

In my understanding, the Mk.X designation just indicates the generation of the seat but not really its looks.

The "looks" depend the particular aircraft type and country of use. Even on the same type of aircraft you will find seats with different details (while the "Mark" of the seat is the same) depending on which country is the user. Like the Swiss Hunters had a very different looking seat in comparison to UK aircraft.

You have to have a closer look at reference photos for the particular aircraft you are building. Martin-Baker had a list of the seat Mark's with particular operator countries and the precise name of the seat. Still it could not list all the small detail differences. Look at the reference photos that is the only and the best way to see what you need on your particular seat!

Best regards

Gabor

Thank you Gabor. Yes, I agree with you...the documentation is one of the most important thing in scale modeling. But there is a problem....I'm spending a lot of time in searching photos and workaround on the web about the Iaf C2 KFIRs seats....and many times I only found a lot of wrong things...please if everybody are reding this post share some links, photos and info that can be considered reliable. I will thank you so much!

Edited by BlackPanther

Here are some pictures of the Mirage / Kfir export MK6.

You can get nice photos on primeportal website (spanish Mirage F-1 walkaround).

The only difference could be the seat lower cuchion (black or faded green).

J0SGD.jpg

iz8Lk.jpg

zDi2v.jpg

hJOUX.jpg

Edited by martinBK

I'd definitely recommend the HPM seat: http://www.hpmhobbie...cessories-1-48/

The NeOmega MkIV Late seat will require some trimming, removing the headrest paddiing between the parachute pack and drogue container: http://www.neomega-r...-late-251-p.asp

IIRC, the NeOmega seat features the single firing handle. But I stand to be corrected.

Actual Kfir C-2 seat:

kfirc2_JM6_seat_zps4zmk7atd.jpg

HTH

Erik

Check my walkarounds-some of the seats can be seen with 2 handles.

Biggest problem were dirty or plastic covered canopies,that's why I almost didn't

bother to take shots of the cockpits