Kitty Hwk Banshee

Hi All!

Don't know how far along the decal planning is for the upcoming Kitty Hawk Banshee but I'd like to suggest a couple of options: for the F2H-2 how about VF-62 Korean War cruise (page 131 in Ginter's Book on early Banshees) and for the -2P, the beautiful Marine VMJ-1 seen on page 169 in the same book. I think either or both of these choices would make for a great Korean War era "Banjo".

Jim

The Banshee has been floated by KH now for a few years and nothing, not even test shots while kits we didn't even know they were planning have shown up. Come on KH, get the Banshee out please!

They announced the -3 before the -2. About a week after I finished my Collect Aire -3. They did the same thing to me with the F9F-8T! :D/>

Thanks. How's that FJ-3 coming???????

Please hurry up.

Gene K

I'm with Gene K, How's that FJ-3 coming???????

Sorry guys, I'm working on an F-4B right now. I'm surprised nobody has announced an F3D Skyknight. It's been over 6 months since I finished my Czech Models kit. Maybe I didn't pay enough for it? :D

Ben

I have an old 1:48 scale Hawk kit of a -2 which I could butcher and rebuild as a -3...if my hands would only co-operate!

Barney

You'd have a lot of work to make the old Hawk kit into a -2, let alone the long-body, big-wing -3. You're better off enjoying other kits while you wait for Kitty Hawk to come up with their new kits.

Edited by Paul Boyer

You'd have a lot of work to make the old Hawk kit into a -2, let alone the long-body, big-wing -3. You're better off enjoying other kits while you wait for Kitty Hawk to come up with their new kits.

Hi Paul,

You may not know Barney, but he's an ex-RCAF pilot and ATC. His knowledge of aviation is impeccable and I've seen his work including conversions, and if he even mentions a kitbash, I get pretty excited.

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Paul, that is what I was thinking as well. I would need scaled 3-view drawings to even come close. A friend did make the changes necessary and it looks very good but I still have reservations about it.

Barney

If you want to go for it and thereby speed the release of a kit for the rest of us, I've got what you need. For starters, http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-bigger-banjo.html

• 3 weeks later...