LVM Studios R7 Soyuz Baikonur launch pad

Have any of you picked up this kit or actually built it? The instructions say that it's easy to build, but definitely a challenge. I've forked over $$$$ for for some kits because the subject matter, detail, and quality were over the top.

This kit and the New Ware rocket are about a $500 commitment. That's a lot of Academy F-4s and Eduard Spitfires.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

Chris

Hi Chris

Bought this kit Christmas 2013. The quality is superb. There is no hesitation on that score. With the New-Ware Vostock ( a birthday present ) it is going to make quite a display. Its design will lend itself to led lighting in the base to imitate launch....well that is the plan...but when ??

If someone out there is building it, it would be great to see.

Am still waiting on a 1/144 version of their 'Everything is go' but their LUT is taking up all their efforts at the moment I understand.

Cheers

John

Hi Chris

Bought this kit Christmas 2013. The quality is superb. There is no hesitation on that score. With the New-Ware Vostock ( a birthday present ) it is going to make quite a display. Its design will lend itself to led lighting in the base to imitate launch....well that is the plan...but when ??

If someone out there is building it, it would be great to see.

Am still waiting on a 1/144 version of their 'Everything is go' but their LUT is taking up all their efforts at the moment I understand.

Cheers

John

John,

Thanks for your reply. I've spent some huge money on kits over the last few years including hPh Concorde and IL-28. I think my wife would kick my a$$ if I dropped more money on this stuff. I like their Atlas launch tower as well, bit there isn't much there for nearly $200. Hence my question about this kit.

Chris

PS: Which Mew Ware kit is needed? They make a few R7 boosters. Is NW111(Soyuz TM/TMA) the required kit? I'll email LVM for an answer, but you guys are usually pretty fast.

Edited by swimmer25k

Has LVM actually committed to a Mercury-Atlas launch pad in 1/144th? I hope so! If so, will it include the Atlas Test Stand, the ramp, and the Umbilical/Emergency Escape Tower?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Tom