Converting Hawker Hunter F.6/FGA.9 to naval GA.11

I have the Italeri boxing of the Hunter (which I can use to do either an F.6 or a FGA.9) and was wondering what I need to do to covert it to a GA.11 for a Royal Navy bird. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Rob

I have the Italeri boxing of the Hunter (which I can use to do either an F.6 or a FGA.9) and was wondering what I need to do to covert it to a GA.11 for a Royal Navy bird. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Rob

It is difficult, but not impossible, no cannons on the GA11, GA11's were also fitted with an arrestor hook (not a beefy aircraft carrier type though), a light in the nose called a Harley light, I've heard of people making these out of a cut down drop tank to fit to their models. The GA11 was modified from the F4 which had smaller bore engines, it means the tail pipe diameter is smaller, than either of the ones in the kit not by huge margins though.

-----------------

Thanks very much for the feedback, Barkin! Sounds like it will definitely take some work. Not sure I want to get that deep into such a project (even though it isn't impossible). Too bad Academy never kitted a naval version of the Hunter.

Rob

The Academy kit has a host of accuracy issues anyway, but if you're not bothered with that I'd suggest building the F6 and Just use those parts. The tailcone is wrong for an F6. Note that not all GA.11's had the Harley light in the nose, these were only seen on FRU/FRADU Hunters all had the armament in the nose removed though. Whatever, the conversion isn't that difficult...