WOW, My models are considered art now!

Last week I was contacted by the local Community College. The Head of the art department told me that they are doing an exhibit spotlighting local artists. He asked me if I wanted to put some one my models on display. "Oh Course" I said and I brought several to the college. Due to space, I could only display two models, so I let him pick. That's all I am going to say for know. I will post more details as I get them.

I am completely blown away with the fact that my models to them were thought of as art.

Makes you wonder if we could get grants from the National Endowment for the Arts for our stashes, doesn't it? Eduard as our preferred medium or something...

Makes you wonder if we could get grants from the National Endowment for the Arts for our stashes, doesn't it? Eduard as our preferred medium or something...

I'm still waiting for Eduards to come out with a photo-etched sphere :woot.gif: !

At my college I describe model making as an art of using problem solving and interpretation to display what a subject looks like to the individual. It's definitely objective, but for the first time I'm not driving girls away when I tell them that I build model planes. In fact, some have had an open mind to it and took a second to think of what it may entail. People aren't (coming off as) looking at it as a nerdy pastime for people who can't score -- I've never seen people have an open mind toward it before I got to college.