GB poll - Spitfire: 80th anniversary

GB poll - Spitfire: 80th anniversary  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a Spitfire 80th Anniversary Group Build?

Aloha,

I wanted to gauge support for a group build celebrating the 80th anniversary of the most beautiful plane (IMHO) to grace the skies, the Supermarine Spitfire.

Thought it would be nice to start the GB next year on the 80th anniversary of the Spitfire's first flight, March 5, 1936 (though there is some confusion) and run it through the anniversary of the last operational RAF flight, January 1, 1951.

While it's a subject that is already quite popular, the last few years have been good to Spitfire fans with excellent kits at a variety of scales and Marks from multiple kit manufacturers. What say you all?

IMG_0114.jpg

I have two Tamiya 1/32's and the Eduard Royal class double kit in the stash and ready for launch. Very much look forward to a new GB.

Looking back, the last GB dedicated to the Spitfire was 2009 so we're due.

Keep those votes coming!

IMG_9310.jpg

Looks like we're almost halfway there already !

I'm only just starting the process and haven't solicited outside prizes for raffling, but I can assure GB participants that there WILL be goodies/gift certificates to win!

Till then, shameless excuse to bump the thread and post some old builds.

IMG_0009.JPG

I picked up a "new tool" 1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk. II from the LHS this afternoon. I plan on ordering a few aftermarket items to help it along (new oil cooler, some PE for the cockpit etc). Aftermarket markings/decals seem sparse based on my initial searches. But the kit supplied decals look quite good to me so I will probably go with them. I will squirrel all this away in the hopes of this GB getting a green light (I have a ton of other projects to keep me occupied anyways :D ).

Regards,

Don.

I am in, good excuse to build my Hobby Craft 1/24 Spit in honor of my Great Uncle who flew them during the war

Awefully hard finding detail parts for it. Have 20mm canons and seat belts

I am so in! I think I have 4 Spitfire kits to build (1/32 Revell, 1/32 Tamiya, 1/48 x 2). It would be fun to get some WIPs on the 1/32 Tamiya so I can get it right the first time.

ALF