Eduard Big sin set for MiG-21PFM

Hey guys, I plan on building a Vietnamese MiG-21PFM for the upcoming Vietnam war GB and was wondering if this set if worth the money or is there another good combination of aftermarket parts for this model? I have decals and my budget for aftermarket is around 70$, any help would be kindly appreciated.

Kind regards.

I would go on the Eduard site and check out what is in the set and whether you really need all of it. I did the same thing for an upcoming F-4 build and discovered that I really did not need about half of it. Things

like paint masks and RBF flags. There was a lot of PE for the seats...but the resin seats had more than enough detail for me.

HTH

Bob

If you don't mind the price, it's OK. That resin cockpit is better than their PE interior since the PE is prepainted in turquoise blue. That don't go with most of the PFMs...

Edited by vesthepes

Sven, I personally encourage ya to get this set. I wish there were more Big Sin sets available for just every aircraft kit in the market, at least in 1/48th scale. Lately I've become addicted to these sets 'n,' despite of the price, in my opinion, I've found they're worth every 'n' each quid invested.

Nay familiar with the Academy PFM kit, but I'd highly suspect it shares most of its parts with the MF one (i.e., wheels, wheel wells, missiles, cockpit most prolly?), is that the kit ya're usin'...?

Mind ye, once ya finish yer model with the Big Sin set, difference in detail will show right after ya display it beside yer other models, 'n' this is the major setback I found against usin' the Big Sin sets.

Cheers, Sven :wave:

UncĀ²