Do you ever dream about models?

Last night:

I was driving through a Navy (?) housing community. I stopped at a little store (BX?) to get a drink, and there were models there. I found three Otaki 1/144 C-5s marked $1.50 each! They were selling a nicely built Tamiya 1/100 B-52F as well...

:)

Yes I too dream about perfect ones ! They (the models) always looks so darn nice ;)/>

..best ones are when you are lost in a model ware house ... and you really don't mind being lost at all.

Edited by cag_200

I had a dream that I was in the hobby shop and discovered that Tamiya had finally, FINALLY rolled out a two-seat F-16 kit. Not only that, it was based on their Aggressor boxing with a new spine and CFTs thrown in so you could build almost any F-16D in service. I bought as many as I could and walked out of the store.

Then I woke up.

Yes. My recurring, model-related dream has me at the IPMS National Convention and in the final hours of the show realizing I haven’t spent any time in the vendors room as all of the vendors are packing up.

That’s a natural level of anxiety for a scale modeler, right?

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Don't remember dreaming about them, but I do sometimes think about them as I fall to sleep so I can keep my mind off work or other things I want out of my head. Modeling is my "happy place" I like to go to. One, it completely takes away all my every day burdens, and two, it takes me back to my child hood.

Don't remember dreaming about them, but I do sometimes think about them as I fall to sleep so I can keep my mind off work or other things I want out of my head. Modeling is my "happy place" I like to go to. One, it completely takes away all my every day burdens, and two, it takes me back to my child hood.

This. Great post.

Yeah, I gotta admit I'll do the whole "find myself exploring in a strange, hole-in-the-wall hobby store, gathering up rare and never before seen kits, tools, references, decals, and conversion sets that are exactly what I've always wanted, make my payment, walk out the door...and wake-up" routine.

Yes... I sob.

I recall several years ago sitting in church bored out of my mind. What got me thru several Sunday sermons was dreaming of building that B-58 Hustler on my shelf.

Hey, there's worse things I could be dream of, just sayin'

Yeah, I gotta admit I'll do the whole "find myself exploring in a strange, hole-in-the-wall hobby store, gathering up rare and never before seen kits, tools, references, decals, and conversion sets that are exactly what I've always wanted, make my payment, walk out the door...and wake-up" routine.

Yes... I sob.

Damn... I've had the same dream... weird. lol.

I sometimes have a recurring dream of being at a store like Kmart, or a toy store, and they have all these really cool models I never knew existed, in old Monogram boxes, as though they were old warehouse finds. Always something that never existed, from the plausible, to the ridiculous. What I do remember is a monogram 2 seat F-104 where the box top was a painting much like the monogram F-105 F "Thud" box art, except it was an TF-104 in the same perspective. And the one which was truly a dream was a 1/8th scale 1969 corvair in the 70s white box. That would be a cool kit to have, but there is probably 0 chance of ever seeing that one. I do not think it is ever about real kits.

I think it is based on my actual experience of occasionally seeing some out of production kits at KB toys or Kmart occasionally. I remember everyone once in a while seeing kits in previous generation boxes I had not seen any where else as a kid when I never had money to buy them. Even as a kid I knew how old a given style of box art would be.

I used to dream about models when I was in high school.

But then I discovered girls.

When I went to art school I was dating a model.

After a while all that gave me a headache.

So I prefer to not dream at all.

ssculptor

I only dreamed of models once:

I walked into a big room where lots of models were being airbrushed; as I had recently stopped airbrushing and sold my gear, I was at a loss for what I could do there.

Then I noticed one model in the far corner next to a bunch of traditional paintbrushes, paints and mixing pallets. There was something I could do here after all.

I set about mixing colours and painting away at the model. When I stepped back to admire my finished work, she smiled sweetly and told me how much she appreciated a guy who could do things "The old school way".

Sadly, I've not had that dream again. :(

Yes. My recurring, model-related dream has me at the IPMS National Convention and in the final hours of the show realizing I haven’t spent any time in the vendors room as all of the vendors are packing up.

I've had that exact same dream too many times!!