What about some new navy deck crew ? new project

Agree! more figures (and equipment/vehicles), please.

I find lots of figures but not much variety in poses or options.

Surgery can change poses but has challenges for making the result look "natural".

One "kit" has separate arms/legs that do allow mix and match although the instructions put specific arms/legs to torsos.

Excellent idea!! I miss deck crew figures doing different tasks, like "grapes" refueling a plane, Cat Directors telling pilots to unfold wings, add power etc... Ordies preparing the armament, Checkers taking a look around the aircraft, Plane Captains cleaning the windshield .... and so on.. Please give as what we need!!

I.Martin

is this based on 3D scanned real people???

details seems amazing. but how does those will look in 1/48???

Yes, real people numerized and reworked. They look fine and sharp in 1/48 and I think they will also look fine in 1/72.

I have some factory testshot here, but I prefer to wait until I got testshots made with the choosen machine, in about 3 weeks.

finger crossed

Norbert

Don't ask me, I cant say NO...I built aircraft dioramas with a soft spot for "USNAVY" subjects, and any new figures are welcome!!!

...now you know what I meant!!!

Many thanks Zark

note that the above deck crew has the current life preserver vest, Reedoak have to do other sets with the previous vest.

BTW, nice big dios !

Norbert

Edited by norbert
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Some progresses here (in 1/32):

deck%20crew%20c_zps1n4i0i7k.jpg

deck%20crew%20d_zpspir2uy0q.jpg

And I made them also in 1/35 to go with Academys MH-60S (the smaller ones)

deck%20crew%20a_zps3jjubvga.jpg

deck%20crew%20b_zps0mpx4nzq.jpg

note than some other helicopter crews are also done :

helo%20crew%20a_zps2qdz3jwu.jpg

More to see on Reedoak facebook pages

Norbert

Great stuff :thumbsup:! I use figures all the time for my 1/35 armor but have generally stayed away from them for 1/32 and 1/48 aircraft/helicopters for various reasons. But with detail like what I see above I may begin adding some figures to my aircraft models as well. Nice work.

Regards,

Don.

Wonderful!! They look great, I wish you do them at 1/48 too. Only one advice, the goggles are the modern ones and that can limit the use of those figures with older planes so I'd do them separately, including the new and old style ones > PIC <

Nice job, keep us informed!!

I.Martin

Norbert, these are AMAZING! I would love to see what printer you guys are using..your prints are coming out remarkably clean.

Any idea of a ball park price range for your 1/32 - 1/35 figures? Nevermind, just saw the prices in the other thread.

Bill

P.S. I saw in the other thread you were asking about whether you should standardize the heights or keep them varied for realism. My personal opinion would be to vary them. I think that adds a very nice touch that most figure manufactures miss.

Edited by niart17

Wonderful!! They look great, I wish you do them at 1/48 too. Only one advice, the goggles are the modern ones and that can limit the use of those figures with older planes so I'd do them separately, including the new and old style ones > PIC <

Nice job, keep us informed!!

I.Martin

Many thanks. the figures have also the "modern" life preserver vest, so old googles means also partialy different cloths for me. More to come

Norbert

excellent job! I'd like to get the 3 figures in 1/32 scale for a modern navy diorama.

Many thanks Alpagueur

you will find them on the web site www.reedoak.com when they are ready.

Norbert

Hi, many thanks to all for your nice comments

These look pretty incredible! How about a shooter and the two guys sitting ( I'm not sure what they are called) in glorious 1/72.

US_Navy_051213-N-9362D-009_Lt._Cmdr._Molly_Boron_gives_the_signal_to_launch_an_F-14D_Tomcat_on_the_flight_deck_aboard_the_Nimitz-class_aircraft_carrier_USS_Theodore_Roosevelt_(CVN_71).jpg

US_Navy_020319-N-6492H-516_F-14_Tomcat_readies_for_launch_aboard_USS_John_F._Kennedy.jpg

Good to see that latest life preserver vest and googles existed at the Tomcat time. I'm also looking to add the crewman holding the weight-box. There is no limit to figures.

Norbert

3667242201505172356171462471714291_000.jpg?1600x1067_120

Good to see new deck crew, and new pilots are needed, too. The Aires' resin pilots have nice detail but I think their faces are too small, I have to modify them myself.

and new pilots are needed, too.

a standing pilot would be great, too...

FD_F-18F_pilot_VFA-102_CV-63_12Sep2006.jpg

or kneeling:

200310213b.jpg

the only aftermarket Navy pilot in 1/32 scale comes from Verlinden, but his suit/helmet is a bit 'old' as timeframe (I suppose mid-late 1980s)

Edited by Alpagueur