Su-30MK2 Venezuela armament question

Hello,

I have a Trumpeter Su-30MKK (1/72) in my stash. Not touching it right now, but I was looking at more "colourful" schemes than the PLAAF.

The Venezuela AF has some catchy anniversary schemes for the Su-30MK2 that I found on a Begemot decal sheet.

That being said, while looking up information online about the Venezuela AF Su-30MK2, I ran into a picture posted on an official (or so it seems) Twiiter account.

The legend says it's a russian KAB-500L mounted under a Su-30.

I was looking at russian guided bombs, and it doesn't look like a KAB-500L at all. The fins don't match. Nor the front end.

Any idea what kind of ordnance we are looking at?

The front end is very straight. Cluster bomb of some kind?

Thanks!

Thanks Kursad.

Another question: looking at the pictures of the Venezuelian Su-30, they seem to have different wing pylons.

Solid ones compared to the "regular" Su-27 family pylons that have two "legs".

What are those pylons? Russian made or adapted pylons?

Thanks!

Edited by Platycqb

It's a Russian design change. Indian Su-30MKIs also operate with closed-off pylons.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Eqpmt/Walkarounds/Su30MKI/MKI-06.jpg.html

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Images/Eqpmt/Walkarounds/Su30MKI/MKI-09.jpg.html

Edited by Johnopfor

hi, just focus on the wing tip pylons, 99% of the time the venezuelans su30 dont have any ordinance at all under the wings or the fuselage, they use them just for parades when the goverment wants to show them

hi, just focus on the wing tip pylons, 99% of the time the venezuelans su30 dont have any ordinance at all under the wings or the fuselage, they use them just for parades when the goverment wants to show them

Yup, I noticed that on the pics I have gathered online.

That being said, the closed off pylons I am looking for are provided in the Su-35S boxing from Hasegawa that I am waiting, so problem solved. :)

Hi guys,

P_50_T_training_bomb_SU_30_MK2_AMB.jpg

https://twitter.com/...668307344302081

I'm afraid I don't agree with Kursada about the designation of the bomb depicted upper...

It´s not a RBK-250 cluster bomb, but P-50T training bomb.. a very common Russian ordnance...

Here you can appreciate another views of the item, and compare the lettering on it.. pics taken from various websites:

_00006.jpg

1251650859_g.jpg

p1630430.jpg

Part665-M.jpg

p1630431.jpg

As you can see, the P-50 T is a very small item..

smile.gif

Alberto.-

Best regards from Caracas,