Trying to figure out how the two prominent strakes on the tails of the Argentine Super Etendards were painted. They are right at the demarcation between the light blue tail tip and the dark gray upper camouflage color. It *looks* like the tops of the strakes are white, but I'm not sure if the bottoms should also be white, or maybe the dark gray?

Trying to figure out how the two prominent strakes on the tails of the Argentine Super Etendards were painted. They are right at the demarcation between the light blue tail tip and the dark gray upper camouflage color. It *looks* like the tops of the strakes are white, but I'm not sure if the bottoms should also be white, or maybe the dark gray?

Hi!

The "strakes" on the vertical fin are antennas - light grey dielectric material with a slightly lighter grey border :)/>

149536_459969433955_664868955_5255614_6418922_n.jpg

Picture from the web - not my picture only here for study purposes ;)

Edited by Moggy

I believe that the strakes you're talking about are VOR antennas. The argentine Serie Aeronaval #30 book has a photo of the underside of the antenna. Pale grey with white leading edge (except the trailing edge). I believe that the situation is the same for the topside: http://www.fuerzasaeronavales.com/wp-content/uploads/sue2_01.jpg

Edited by Laurent