Army helicopter crews

Hi

So far, the seated figures do not have any straps. I need references for these (straped pilots and cabin crew, or shall we go with Eduard PE ?

Norbert

Hi

So far, the seated figures do not have any straps. I need references for these (straped pilots and cabin crew, or shall we go with Eduard PE ?

Norbert

I've never been a big fan of PE straps on seated crew figures. Real tough to get them to fit on the figures realistically.

Order placed -can't wait to see them.

Many thanks Andrew

first order from Australia

I think I should print also the Styer AUG I designed some year ago

Norbert

These are amazing, and the prints look to be very smooth.

Can you please let us know what printer you are using for these (I'm thinking a FormLabs Form 1+)?

No, it's a perfactory IV, I could not reach this sharpness with other printers

BTW, if you design and need such quality, I offer also 3D printing service

Edited by norbert

Hi

Back to the seated figure, I show you some prototypes

one of the pilots (I broke the finger).

More important, if somebody can help, I need such a view of a real pilot with the seat belts (a walkaround is better)

35a_zpsvfj3jgm2.jpg

cabin crew, on the back. he seats on the kit seat.

35b_zpsvrusd4ri.jpg

and cabin crew, on window seat, that was printed (with low success) with the seat

35c_zpss3h9xiid.jpg

I think these guys are not always attached with the seat belts, but use the line that connect to the roof, line that is attached on the carabiner on their back. So far, the figures have this carabiner on the back (except the pilot)

every document or pictures on lines and safety belt are welcomed

Norbert

These look awesome. I really like the seated pilots.

You are right about the crew Chief. They wear a harness that allows them to stand and move around the cabin.

Here is the crewchief harness. The two belts that are hung on the bar are the shoulder belts and the waist belts are below. The middle belt that goes into the upper part of the seat is the attacment point where it automatically retracts. There are also retractors at the side belt attachment points on the seat.

MyPerch.jpg

5257.jpg

CH_60_Black_Hawk_by_MilitaryPhotos.jpg

The pilots have a lap and shoulder belt, and a groin belt (5-point system). There is a round buckle release on their waist area where the belts come together.

Pilots

25.jpg?a=1109644001192

CW3-Ben-Baker-TF-Gunfighters-FOB-Apache-preflight-10SEP13.jpg

110921-a-wv705-096w.jpg

original.jpg

The guy on the seat along the back wall would have a standard 4-point seatbelt (shoulder and waist belts). There are no harnesses on the rear seats, just the crew chief seats at the gunner windows. All of the troop seats in the rear have a lap and shoulder belt (4-point). There is also a round buckle release on their waist area where the belts come together (same as the pilolts and crew chief seats).

Rear troop seats

UH-60A_36.jpg

size0-army.mil-92509-2010-11-18-161146.jpg

100610-O-0000U-001.JPG

Hope that helps.

Edited by HeavyArty

No, it's a perfactory IV, I could not reach this sharpness with other printers

BTW, if you design and need such quality, I offer also 3D printing service

Many thanks for the quick reply. The quality of the prints is amazing -- I can't see any indication of layering lines at all.

I'll drop you a PM on the printing service!

Any plans for door gunners with the ballistic face shield?

thought the MFS was only a debris and rotor wash protection. is something else in use ?

there are plans with MFS

Norbert

Many thanks for the pictures Gino. I saw you added some more. I appreciate your help.

If I could find such seatbelts somewhere, I would buy them (if not too expensive), would make the numerization easier

Norbert

Good pics Gino, except for the 1st 2. Those are the seat belts and seat belts only. They don't allow you to walk around on the cabin. For that you need a monkey harness, or some guys just clipped a safety strap to to a d clip on the wall and attached the other end to the back loop on the vest.

Tim

Those are the seat belts and seat belts only. They don't allow you to walk around on the cabin.

Got ya. So those just allow you to lean out the window. I was wondering how you would move around with your hips attached still.

Got ya. So those just allow you to lean out the window. I was wondering how you would move around with your hips attached still.

Yeah, it's strictly a seat belt that allows you to lean forward and to the left and right a little, but if you need to roam around the cabin for sling-loading, helping the medic with EMS,or anything else, a monkey harness is what we used.

Ray, good shot of the monkey harness.

That's the setup us hawk guys used as well.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Beautiful figures, Norbert!

A figure of a H-60 crew chief climbing into the aircraft though the side window, or leaning well out to clear the tail rotor would be interesting.

Greg

Hi

and many thanks for the kind words

Ray, many thanks for this set of pictures, it is exactly what I was looking for for some future projects, and gives me lot of details, like carabiner location, holster, pouches on the CMU-33 vest. and a question, on the last picture, an idea of what boots the guy with the feets outside the windaw is wearing ? deck boots ? corcoran boots ?

I'm very interested at these pistures from the recent past, that belong now to history.

crew unloading suuply gives also new ideas...

Norbert