Army helicopter crews

It's a very good base to start, the 3 views comes from a CAD design. Wondering if thales would share an IGES, STEP, OBJ or STL file ?

It can be then done within minutes.

Norbert

It's a very good base to start, the 3 views comes from a CAD design. Wondering if thales would share an IGES, STEP, OBJ or STL file ?

It can be then done within minutes.

Norbert

Email them: ask for Graham Evenden. They use Catia for their CAD/CAM; not sure of what format they output.

But in the absence of any further detail, how much work is in that?

Email them: ask for Graham Evenden. They use Catia for their CAD/CAM; not sure of what format they output.

But in the absence of any further detail, how much work is in that?

probably 2 full days. Just went on Graham Evendens communication on small arms, was interesting to see the developpement of the F88

If it happens I could find an australian flight suit in M plus the gloves, I think it will be nice to add a crew to the decals I bought in Newcastle NSW some years ago

Norbert

probably 2 full days. Just went on Graham Evendens communication on small arms, was interesting to see the developpement of the F88

If it happens I could find an australian flight suit in M plus the gloves, I think it will be nice to add a crew to the decals I bought in Newcastle NSW some years ago

Norbert

I may be able to help with the flight suit. Ours are two piece for army aviation. We use the U.S. Army flight warrior body armour & survival vests (in U.S. Army camouflage) with the Thales Top Owl helmet (same as the USMC use for the A/H-1 Zulu & Yankee). Modelling the helmet would allow Australian, USMC & French pilots/aircrew.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2014/10/17/1227093/579556-c39f6086-54df-11e4-9218-e84af2eb3da1.jpg

There's also a carbine variant of the EF88, the EF88C, with a 407mm barrel vs the 508mm barrel fitted to the rifle.

Greg

Edited by GMK

Thank you Greg

I forgot the Top Owl. Was staying with the HGU-56/P. But they are used by the french army too and I think they are manufactured 1 hour drive from here.

Will find one to numerize.

I have my Australian Army 2-piece Flying suits. PM me if you need detailed photos.

These figures are great by they way

Many thanks for your kind offer, but I need to find one and get it here the time necessary to make a complete crew.

Same for the specific gloves, as they do not look the same as the US nomex gloves.

Norbert

You're near Angenieux? Very cool.

The Top Owl may be of interest to guys building the Kittyhawk AH-1Z/UH-1Y.

Yes, I'm near them, but I think the helmets are assembled in Thales settlement close to Valence (France) which is also close to french army aviation test center.

Will be great to have a crew for the KH helicopters

Norbert

The Australian flying gloves are almost identical to the U.S. ones.

I was thinking to these :

training.jpg

from defencejobs.gov.au

but looking closer, you are right, they look same on other pictures and these are more tactical gloves

Norbert

Norbert, i think those are the best helicopter pilot figures ive seen, they are amazing, and the fact that the helmet is not moulded to the head is simply awesome. BTW, do you plan to make vietnam era huey figures, so as the helmets?

Rod.

I was thinking to these :

training.jpg

from defencejobs.gov.au

but looking closer, you are right, they look same on other pictures and these are more tactical gloves

Norbert

You're right - that looks like a loadie wearing tactical gloves. Hope they're fire retardant!