Army helicopter crews

Hi

progress on pilot on seat with seatbelt attached

still looking for a close vieuw of the seatbelt buckle (pilot, not cabin crew)

35h_zps2j9mq5yk.jpg

will take more time for the second

Norbert

Hi Norbert

My order arrived today in Australia. All good condition and I must say I'm astounded at the level of detail when seen up close. So much detail that I think the 1/48 will be quite hard to paint to get full advantage.

Any hints on preparation & painting ? What should work best on this material?

Hi Andrew

Like everything 3D printed, the cleaner is alcohol. The figures are already cleaned in an ultrasonic bath, then post cured in an UV oven.

They also withstand high temperature (with a limit) and direct sunshine.

I have no special tips. the primer must be very thin in order not to fill too much the details.

If you are confident with surfacer 1200 very dilluted with Ketone, it's a possibility.

Figurinist usualy put an underlayer white, sand (flesh) or black. I will forget black here. There are special primer for figure painters.

I never try sand, but can imagine it's not a bad choice.

On the example here, I use Tamiya X2 white, some drops of white in alcohol, will say 80 % alcohol. It is then sprayed in low pressure in very thin layer. The Tamiya white is becomming glossy with this dillution.

35g_zpself2yh3t.jpg.

Then it's up to you : acrilic or enamel, same work than on every plastic or resin figure.

Norbert

That seated pilot figure is nothing short of astounding. Is this a single piece or is it assembled from multiple components?

I have to ask, any interest in branching out beyond just figures and in to aftermarket conversions / detail sets? You would surely be at the top of the pyramid, quality wise.

Any teasers on what you have coming up in the queue?

Although not helo crews, but still helo related, any chance of a set of 4 operators in seated positions on the bench's of a MH-6 little bird?

Hi Redcrown

We will need the MH-6 model also, what timeframe ?

Norbert

That seated pilot looks awesome. The seat belt buckle on the pilot seats is the same as on the rest of the crew seats, it just has an extra slot on the bottom for the groin belt. Great job. I want one...or a few.

That pilot looks incredible. Just a FYI, Since he's on the controls, you might want to lift his head up more so that he's looking out instead of looking down.

Great job Norbert!!!

Now you need to make a pilot with his arm reaching up and grabbing the power control lever like when starting up. Like this:

mh-60-pilot_zpstzizfthe.jpg

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

That pilot looks incredible. Just a FYI, Since he's on the controls, you might want to lift his head up more so that he's looking out instead of looking down.

Great job Norbert!!!

Now you need to make a pilot with his arm reaching up and grabbing the power control lever like when starting up. Like this:

mh-60-pilot_zpstzizfthe.jpg

Tim

When did the Army allow "relaxed grooming standards" for flight crews? :)/>

Or do the snake eaters now fly helos in their spare time?

I like that pose as well though.

Edited by 11bee

Hi,

yes, but it is quite impossible to find the Dragon AH-6J kit.

However, I saw that Blackops made another conversion based on the OH-6 and MD-500 kit. The set includes the rotor blades.

That's great.

Norbert

One pilot flies while the other handles the radios, but you know that since you were a crew dog!

Tim

The scary part is when both of them are inside, and almost run into the aircraft in front of them - YIKES!

Edited by anvil6

Hi Norbert,

Now that it seems a new 1/35 UH-1D/H is really on the way, any thoughts to a Vietnam era (and ideally, also circa 1980's) Huey crew? Love to see them in similar poses to your very impressive Blackhawk dudes.

John

Hi Norbert,

Now that it seems a new 1/35 UH-1D/H is really on the way, any thoughts to a Vietnam era (and ideally, also circa 1980's) Huey crew? Love to see them in similar poses to your very impressive Blackhawk dudes.

John

Hi John

already started a 2005 UH-1N USAF huey crew, and the SPH-4 is now here...

Norbert

Edited by norbert