Army helicopter crews

I do not forget the seated pilot, the reworked one is 70% done. Have just less time between launching the printer, packaging, shipping, etc.

had a small place left on last print, so I expored 1/87 and 1/144 by scaling the 1/72 figures

144a_zpsv77rqz8c.jpg

from the left : 1/48, 1/72, 1/87 and 1/144: the 1/144 pilot has his mic, figures need only little improvements to be OK

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Many thanks

Seated pilot is about to be ready for a testshot. This time he is with seatbelts, collective and cyclic, seat (but not seat frame) and pedals.

Finger crossed !

Norbert

I'd like to encourage you to PLEASE produce the 1/144 scale helo pilots! DML has a boat load of 1/144 scale Blackhawks, Pavehawks and Seahawks. Tomy Tech also has their own H-60 series as well as MH-47's. Revell has also produced a great AH-64D in 1/144. 1/144 scale fans will go WILD with your AMAZING work.

Thanks for your consideration!

MattP

Your work is mind-numbing. Those figures look so real, so natural. And the detail...I'm at a loss for words. I seriously thought printing at this level of detail and smoothness won't be possible until 20 years from now :blink: You helo guys are lucky to have Norbert! Have to spread the word...

I'd like to encourage you to PLEASE produce the 1/144 scale helo pilots! DML has a boat load of 1/144 scale Blackhawks, Pavehawks and Seahawks. Tomy Tech also has their own H-60 series as well as MH-47's. Revell has also produced a great AH-64D in 1/144. 1/144 scale fans will go WILD with your AMAZING work.

Thanks for your consideration!

MattP

And some fast-roping figures in 1/144 - i have a hovering, motorised CV-22 crying out for them!

Hi

Will work the 144 scale, it's just so tiny it's difficult to see what printed good and what printed bad on the testshots.

2 more army helicopter crews are ready now :

an additional standing pilot with body armor, and different face

And finaly the first of the seated pilot : with flotation collar for operation over water, straps, seat without frame, cyclic, collective, also without frame, and pedals. Suits Academy blackhawk, you will normaly have to move the seat frame a bit back, or bend it back like on the pictures.

35zp_zpsbglsgvlb.jpg

35zn_zpsaitdlhnj.jpg

35zm_zpsjhjfaytb.jpg

On the last picture, we have a french Armée de l'Air pilot in 1/32, out of topic here...

Norbert

Now I can start again the copilot...

Great work, those figures are works of art.

Are you also going to be doing a gunner / crew chief? If so, I'd love to see one standing up through the gunners hatch, as if he was spotting the pilots during landing.

Great work (and please don't forget about those 80's US Army flight crews :)/> )

Norbert,

Are you still doing a current US Navy helicopter pilot.?

Need to talk to you about few items. I will call u this weekend in France.

Oliver

What I cold the USAF pilot with golf hat could be a USN pilot. He has only a flight suit and flyers boots.

Have to find a LPU-34 flotation collar and I can do it equipped.

Find also pictures of pre-flight check where pilot is only in flight suit, but with the HGU-84/P helmet, and others where he wears the deck-crew helmet. Any imformation on pilots in pre-flight equipmenet or post flight equipment is welcome

Norbert

Great work, those figures are works of art.

Are you also going to be doing a gunner / crew chief? If so, I'd love to see one standing up through the gunners hatch, as if he was spotting the pilots during landing.

Great work (and please don't forget about those 80's US Army flight crews :)/>/> )

Need to find a pair of Addison boots and I will be so far...

Norbert

Need to find a pair of Addison boots and I will be so far...

Norbert

Norbert, you can always use Corcoran jump boots if want. Being in the 82nd Airborne, most guys including myself just wore out jump boots when flying.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Norbert, you can always use Corcoran jump boots if want. Being in the 82nd Airborne, most guys including myself just wore out jump boots when flying.

Tim

Hi Tim

Will see what I find. Did you wear then trousers outside or inside the boots ? I think there are some 82th airborne in the area which have the boots? I may borrow them, better for somebody starting business.

Norbert

I ordered some today. I should have ordered more but I need to save some money. The Blackhawks seated pilot is cool and I should have picked up two of them but I'll wait for another order.

Floyd

Many thanks Floyd, you're welcome

Norbert

Hi Tim

Will see what I find. Did you wear then trousers outside or inside the boots ? I think there are some 82th airborne in the area which have the boots? I may borrow them, better for somebody starting business.

Norbert

The flight suit legs are worn over the outside of the boots.

Like this pic of me flying one day

1226142333_zpsiawxwls_edit_1419657190303_zpsayzhr1wy.jpg

Tim

The seated pilot looks awesome. Great job. Will you also do one w/out the flotation collar. I personally have never seen one worn. Granted, I haven't done much flying over water, over lots of sand, yes; water no.

Hi

Copilot for possible wet environnement done :

35zt_zpsgnwfqldq.jpg

35zs_zps9i60zdhc.jpg

and added a HGU-56/P helmet half in his helmet bag, to give a change with the spare helmets

35zr_zpsysv0yxkl.jpg

Now to the next one...

Gino, I listen you want something for the sand-box... (will not be the next one, sorry)

Norbert