Just finished one of my 1/32 Starfighter parts kits. Time for another.

I think this one will be in flight. Mostly as I am running of of space on the 1/32 scale shelf. I am using the same pre photo as I did from my Shelf queen. I bought these 2 kits plus resin for a good deal. This kit is getting the lesser condition parts. I figure the "Tiger" paint will cover some of the errors.

This one will mostly be the green (f-104C) parts. See if I can fix it into CF-104 style.

DSC_0787_1.jpg

As I am going closed cock pit on this one I think I will have several resin CF-104 cockpit parts for sale soon.

The "green" 1/32 Starfighter is not as nice as the silver or grey ones. The tail had a A or C style when I started but lucky I found a green G/CF style tail in there. Ripped out the green parts and glued on the new one. Then a bunch of putty. Seems of the 5 noses I have, none is the green one. The silver / grey ones are not a good fit. None the less on one went. Then a bunch of putty which is now drying.

It appears this one at one point had wings attached. The connecting parts on the fuselage had to be drilled out so I can put new wings on later.

DSC_0800_1.jpg

Now, it waits till Wednesday or Thursday.

The women of the house have been watching DowntoWn Abby all night. So I went downstairs to watch hockey and a bit more Starfighter.

DSC_0801_1.jpg

The fun part was modifying the Tamiya F-16 pilot helmet into that weird ear-piece helmet Canada used to use in the 70s and 80s.

Right, NOW it waits until I am off Wednesday or Thursday.

No, well, the top needed to be fitted inside the wheel wells. That took a while. I bought that stand years ago . Its a coat rack that hangs on the wall.

I am going to modify it later to make a nice 439 display base.

Hopefully you can remove it from the stand for painting? I can't tell but did you remove the little nub (warning sensor) at the base of the windscreen? Our jets didn't have them. Looks good though buddy. Kit bashing without too much effort. Are you using the 'Sabre' decals or David's offering?

Keep it up chum and hopefully work isn't too busy.

Mike

Yep Mike, I removed the nub. Actually for decals on this one its going to be mostly Leading Edge. The stand is going to be getting yellow paint too. Kind of have a plan for the stand.

As for a car.......Nope. Don't build those , if I did that too there would be no room left at all.

Wow, busy day today, took of the winter tires for the summer ones (wishful thinking its still like 2 degrees outside) Computer issues needed fixing, banking and other stuff. Only had time for a little paint.

A base coat of yellow-white to make the future yellow show better. Then the white. I am going to mask the white (where the decals will eventually go) Kind of a reverse paint job.

DSC_0802_1.jpg

That is it till Monday or Tuesday.

Another busy day. Cleaned the mouse poop out of the shed. Took the summer stuff out of the garage and put it on the deck, stored the shovels. Got some stuff I needed at home depot. And painted this sucker yellow.

DSC_0803_1.jpg

Going with paint for the white background for the decals. No doubt some fine tuning is coming later.

DSC_0804_1.jpg

Thanks!

I am trying what Alf did with medical tape to mask the yellow. Lucky for me it seemed to work. Very few touch ups. The only yellow that came off (on the port wing tank) actually looks kind of cool. Looks like high speed paint peel. It was not on the real plane, but it looks so neat (for an error) I "might" just leave it.

DSC_0805_1.jpg

DSC_0806_1.jpg

Well. I have to build the one remaining to see what is left first. When were you wanting to build yours?

I might have more then one good set for you.

No rush, Phantom. That is on the long-term list (more than 6 months in the future, and maybe even a year or so away). I have LOTS of other stuff to build in the mean-time.

ALF

Oh, I have lots of resin left over. Debating if I want to use the fuel tanks on my next one. A 417 sq. in the late 70s.

Anyway, the model is done. Like the way it turned out except the pilot needs to de-fog his canopy a tad.

DSC_0809.jpg

DSC_0812_1.jpg

DSC_0808_1.jpg