Anyone had any luck getting replacement parts from Trumpeter?

Had a disaster so need to replace some bits on my MiG-23, just wondering if anyone has successfully got them direct from Trumpeter. Can find a direct way on their site, so I have e-mailed the local importer / distributor, but I don't feel very hopeful.

Cheers

Les

Yes, please keep us posted, please. One of my 1:32 Tomcats came with a cracked (as in almost split down the middle) canopy, but I just haven't got around to seeing about replacing it yet, since I'm not building the kit yet.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Do they show up at the trade shows (like Chicago)?

If their reps do, maybe we should start a poll in each part of ARC that represents their kits (Jets, props, Destroyers,...) and assemble the results to present as a petition.

Petition:

Reply to our ems and provide replacement parts.

Poll:

Do you want Trumpeter/Hobby Boss to [above] for each model product?

Add a line when presented to them that they should provide the same service and customer respect as other companies.

What do you think?

No. They really don't respond to queries about replacement parts. I've tried.

Strangely, when I asked for a part (PE sheet) that wasn't even included with my kit they sent me one! :blink: But even then, as far as I remember, there was *no* communication from them. Just a letter with the part some weeks later.

Kinetic is the same except they respond. I asked for replacement wing panels for their S-2A which I would have paid for but they said no and offered me a very token discount on a new kit. I bought it but was slightly irritated at their offer. Haven't bought a Kinetic kit since. Then again, their releases have been kind of boring unlike Kitty Hawk.

Just received an email back from Steven's about a broken windshield in my F-8 kit. They've asked for a receipt, purchase date and address in order to further tell me about the request.

They said that they only supply spares to kits that came from them.

Now where is that receipt... :doh:

I went through Steven's International for a replacement part one time, after submitting all of the info and proof of purchase they said they were unable to provide spares for that particular model right then and would try to get the part for me from Trumpeter. 2 years later, nothing. I went back to the online store I bought the kit from and they sent me a whole new kit.

In 2012 I received an incomplete 1/72 Trumpeter Tu-124, so I contacted Squadron to order the missing parts, since they were the US distributor for Alaska. That request is still pending...

Edited by duck