With all due respect, you really need to do some reading of past threads and make up your own mind since there is still no perfect P-61 kit in 1/48.

May I suggest you go to google and search on this: p-61 1/48 site:www.arcforums.com

You'll get a long list of threads with useful information.

If you haven't read it, try the pinned article on building the Rm P-61 kit. It may be of some help. Also, I have built the GWH kit. While it does have it's own issues, the fit of this kit is far better than the RM kit but, way more expensive. The Hobby Boss kit has major shape issues around the turret area that would take a lot of work to correct. IMHO, go with either the Rm or the GWH kits.

Cheers, Terry

(Certifiable P-61 NUT!!)

I built the GWH P-61A 2nd run kit before the Hobby Boss kit was released. Honestly, after reading all the reviews on the Hobby Boss kit, I'd still go with the GWH kit. I can't envision any major player issuing another 1/48 scale P-61 kit in foreseeable future, so go for the kit that offers you the biggest bang for your buck.

Here's my GWH P-61A:

The gun turret is from the old Monogram kit, and the opened panels for the engine are all scratch built.

A-20G01_29_14_296.jpg

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

I just have to say: That is a beautiful model, Joel! I'm on a spree of "finishing what is in my stash", but when I start buying stuff again, I will seriously look into that GWH kit...

With all due respect, you really need to do some reading of past threads and make up your own mind since there is still no perfect P-61 kit in 1/48.

May I suggest you go to google and search on this: p-61 1/48 site:www.arcforums.com

Like the P-40 kits, they are all crappy. You'll just save a large chunk of change going with the Monogram/Ravell. Might as well throw away least amount of $$ in the toilet.

So what is wrong with the Hasegawa P-40 kits, other than being over engineered?

With all due respect this is a disussion forum, we could google anything for answers.

We get fresh ideas by asking.

With all due respect this is a disussion forum, we could google anything for answers.

We get fresh ideas by asking.

You might note that I suggested a link to the OP that would provide a list of past ARC threads on this very topic, the most recent one less than a week older than this one. I have nothing against question and discussions, but I do think it good form to at least try to see if there are answers in previous threads (and at other forums) before posting a redundant query.

Well, I must say that I look in some forums, google it, and do my usual search; but there is so much info that I was looking for some conclusions or clarifications; and was looking to find them here, and so far I will look into the GWH more closely. Thanks ALL!!

Regards

Byron :thumbsup:/>